• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

==> Methylation Forum Notes: SMP supp adjustments based on symptoms

whodathunkit

But it does sound like you may be experiencing some paradoxical deficiency. Flu-like symptoms are pretty classic

Keep taking small increments of potassium throughout the day. See if you can titrate to a point where you feel better. One dose isn't likely to do the whole trick.

Another thing that might help you in the short term is to reduce or even stop LCF for a short time. I love LCF...I think it's done me as much good as anything...but it was months before I could tolerate more than a half capsule (250mg) per day. Too much LCF too early in the game may be pushing you into overdrive. Worth noting is that I'm now taking 1000mg/day and doing well. But that took six months, with most of that time being spent at 250mg/day.

Little Bluestem
Sore throat (and mouth) are a symptom of B12 deficiency. Are you taking B12? It takes a lot of B12 to put iron into hemoglobin.

garyfritz
I haven't noticed any of the low-potassium symptoms, except a VERY minor tendency for my calves to cramp -- so minor I haven't even been bothering to take potassium lately.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
sregan
Read time
1 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from sregan