• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lessons from a Car

Let me tell you a story that has impacted my approach to my health issues. I was just starting out with a young family and had an old 1979 LeBaron and I was trying to get it certified, all it needed was a horn. Save the easiest for the last, right?

Sure wasn't hard to see what the problem was as the horn was a glob of rust. I drove 30 min to the wreckers and brought home a used horn. Didn't work, but that was OK as I then knew that it was the relay and took the horn back. Relay didn't work...but that was OK because I now had the problem narrowed down to the contacts in the steering wheel. But alas, I was wrong again.

I had to step outside the box. Know what was wrong with my car horn? All three things.

My experience with this car helped me realize that there was no magic pill or all-encompassing epiphany likely to happen. I would have more than one thing wrong with me. And so will you.

Comments

Blog entry information

Author
stridor
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from stridor

• NAC
    There are two main camps when it comes to methylation issues it seems...
  • Symptom Review
    bipolar cycling - was decreasing on its own by 2011 but I could sense...
  • North Bay Regional Health Centre
    I made many contributions over the nearly 30 years that I worked in...
  • The Rungs in my Ladder
    Remember. I am not a Dr and any thing I write should not replace...
  • December 2016
    I am pretty excited because Dr Fred Hui said that I don't have to see...