• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lectins worse than gluten?

Comments

good catch. i think gluten is only one of many lectins in grains. there are a few books written about this, e.g. "going against the grain", and i suppose the paleo diet is wrapped around this also. i forget, but the book "breaking the vicious cycle" might have touched on this also (though maybe not specifically calling out lectins). there is also an e-book called "cure your autoimmune and inflammatory disease" that speaks specifically about lectins. i think the 'know your blood-type' author speaks specifically of this also. however, i think there is not so much posted on the net about this, maybe not so much research, though i think there could be something to it. thanks for posting. i have tried some of the lectin fighting potions out there (like lectin-lock), but i can not tolerate them, though i would not discard the theory based on that.

Blog entry information

Author
SickOfSickness
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from SickOfSickness