• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Just found out one of the canal boaters I follow on YouTube is autistic like me!

Cool!
Just found out one of the canal boaters I follow on YouTube is autistic like me!
And was likewise diagnosed as an adult after a difficult event following a difficult life to that point.
And I so absolutely totally get what he is saying about stress.

Here are the videos;

09. Autism and Me - Why living on a narrowboat could save my mental health
•May 30, 2018
Some viewers have asked why we moved off our first narrowboat back in 2004. In this video, I try to explain everything, although the title has given it away already! I guess it's also my 'autism coming out' story explaining how Aspergers Syndrome affects me, and Shaun. I recorded it during a walk. I'm sorry if I babble on sometimes!

23. My Top Ten Positives About Having Autism / ASD / Aspergers
•Sep 14, 2018
Following on from my previous Autism 'coming-out' video, I got a lot of messages and questions about how the condition affects me. Quite a few people saw a lot of signs and traits in themselves too.

Although Autism Spectrum Disorders can have many negative effects, this time I want to focus on my top ten positives about having ASD / Aspergers Syndrome / Autism. It's not all bad!

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
southwestforests
Read time
1 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from southwestforests