• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

“Just Believe Me, Will Ya?”

How far would you go to to convince someone of something? Early on in my illness, I would stage falls to the floor so my wife would pay attention to how sick I was becoming. I’d complained of unrelenting fatigue and weakness and a whole host of other severe symptoms, but I was not fully believed.

My trick worked for a little while, until one day I laid the kitchen trash barrel on the floor perpendicular to my feet, where I then lay, and upon hearing the thud and scream and then noticing me facedown, she quickly deduced that I could not have possibly knocked the barrel over by falling in the direction in which I had. Staging falls to the floor? How ridiculous.

But that’s what it took to convince my loved one that I was suffering from ME/CFS, the very real, devastating physical illness we all know well, unfortunately.
Reactions: christiankatz

Comments

A little validation is always nice, but it's hard to come by. I've never staged a fall.:lol: That's funny!

Sometimes when Mom comes over, I fall to the floor, but it's not staged. I just get weak.

Oh, but now that I think of it, maybe there was some staging going on for me too.:lol: It was my way of letting my mom know I'm too tired to talk anymore.

Last edited:

Blog entry information

Author
Cloudyskies
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Cloudyskies