• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Just a medical patient today

Here I am on a Sunday afternoon, inside my four walls, trying to be patient with my life. Over the summer, I was able to do a lot more and was in the habit of scanning, writing and scrapbooking on Sunday afternoons. It was fun.

Fall came, and at the same time, I ran out of two crucial supplements I need, so it is a double whammy. Hopefully the last one is soon remedied. Wiped out is the sum total.

So today, as I crawl back into my bed for a third nap, I am reminding myself:

Right now, I do not have to worry about being a mother or grandmother, or a sister, friend, or employee. Projects are on hold for another day.

Right now, I am a medical patient only, taken care of by a staff of one. Nothing else exists past this bed, at least for a few hours. Time to zone and rest and regroup.

Comments

That describes so much of my life it is not funny. You are not alone, there are lots of us who understand. Take care.

Blog entry information

Author
GracieJ
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from GracieJ