• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Journey through Brain Damage from Sleep Apnea

I've been terribly weakened and damaged by asthma and sleep apnea. I can not exhale anymore and nothing works. I'm desperately looking for a surgeon but can't find one to trach me

I've been looking at the causes and effects of brain fog and hypoxic injury from sleep apnea, obstructive/central and PLMD. I remember last year after the tracheotomy I had sharp clarity in the mornings about 8 weeks after the operation
After trying rocephin I started taking the supplements selenium 400mcg and zinc suggested by Hip along with Sam-E and high vitamin B but I become more and more foggy and exhausted. I wish I had the tracheotomy in but the surgeon messed up my surgery!!!

Comments

Are you able to wear a C-PAP or any device for the sleep apnea? I apologize if you have already explained this and I do not know the details of your history. Was the tracheotomy temporary or permanent?

I like the asv machine I have with oxygen but I can rarely sleep on it without demasking and then even when I sleep through the night it isn't effective. I was unfortunately trached on a size 6 and was dizzy and liver damaged, I wish I had kept it in to see the results after 8 months. Now I can't find a surgeon, what a corrupt system

Blog entry information

Author
physicsstudent13
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...