I keep forgetting how to get where I'm going...

Last night, I tried to give my 15 year old son directions to the my youngest son's Little League game across town and I got lost. I grew up in this town and I know it well. I've never been one who navigates by north, south, east, west or by street names - I navigate by internal maps and landmarks. At any rate, my maps and landmarks seem to be vanishing. I have gone to this ballpark many, many times over the years and last night I couldn't find it.:confused:

I told my son to take a turn and we we not at all in the right place. At first, I wasn't sure where we were and when I got my bearings, I realized we were miles off. It took me 30 minutes to get us there. It should have taken 10. We weren't in a rush and I tried relax and enjoy the ride. But it is getting worse. This all seems to be happening so quickly.

A week or two ago (this is another thing I seem to be losing - an accurate sense of time), I was driving to a nearby town - 15 minutes away. I "knew" it was on a highway I've been familiar with since I learned how to drive. I pointed my van in the general direction and hoped my reptilian brain would kick in and I would figure it out.:tongue: Luckily it did.

It's hard to find things. It sounds funny but it's not - I go through a stack of papers and it's so hard to figure out how to organize them. I've never been Martha Stewart but this is a whole different level of inability to conceptualize. I have been coming here for weeks and most days I still have a hard time figuring out how to check my inbox.:tear: If I am picking up the house, I go from one room to the other and rarely have any idea what I'm doing - I always was a multi tasker, so it isn't a problem for me to come up with something on the spot and the a moment later remember the task.

I am trying to wear this loss as loosely as I can- after all, I gain nothing by getting terribly upset and humor helps. Still, when I actually got lost last night, it scared me for a moment. What if I hadn't had my son with me? What if I really couldn't find my way? Surely it won't get that bad? Right?

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
lululowry
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs