• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I bring Word Press up to date

OK. It's June 2016 and I have a story to tell.

After making the initial postings on this blog I abandoned this site because I couldn't get it to accept my password and was locked out. Now it does and I have no clue about that. In the meantime, I slipped into Chronic Fatigue Syndrome when I moved against mercury. I lost effective thyroid function and even though I spent a lot of money on various therapies, I lost adrenal function.

I ended up with a pretty severe case of B12 deficiency, I had my colon removed for over 100 polyps. I was treated for 2 Stealth Infections and was on antibiotics for 8 months. This treatment acerbated SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) and Leaky Gut. I ended up with antibodies to milk, garlic and eggs. This is on top of previously known sensitivities to gluten and corn (and others).

I was in some type of Mast Cell Activation Problem and was breaking out in hives every day for months. I get the odd hive now and then now and I will talk more on this later.

In 2011, my wife was helping me to stand some days. I had to rock back-and-forth in chairs like a 90 year old man to get enough momentum to stand on others. I went hand-over-hand on banisters to get up stairs.

Today, There is no sign of Bipolar Disorder. Cycling stopped at the time I started the thyroid supports. More on that later. I am able to be active for 7 hours a day. I get tired but sleep is restorative and I am ready to go by the next day.

So, that is a down and dirty synopsis of my health crash and I will try to capture some of the things that I did to turn all of this around. I am not cured; I am treated. I take a lot of pills and I have my B12 injections.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
stridor
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from stridor