• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to get more votes today on Facebook for WPI

This is the last day of voting!

$100,000 is now at stake for WPI.
We are clinging to 10th place (final spot for $100,000) as of 11:00am. But 2 more Hebrew charities are about to overtake us. They are a force, and I don't understand how so many of them are doing this with only 5 charity votes to work with. There are 7 or 8 Hebrew charities in the top 30.

Let's save the day for WPI.

Here's what we're doing. My wife edited and retitled her Facebook Event for this final day of voting. It's getting a bunch of votes and re-posts already. I'd suggest using my new text below for this final day (instead of the text in my last blog post). It's simpler to vote and easier for people to re-post. It's short and sweet.

If you haven't hosted an event yet, now is the time to do it! Read my other blog for step-by-step instructions on how to host a Facebook event. It's easy (and I feel like total crap right now, functioning on pure will power and prayer)

Event Title: Last Day to help __________ [husband's full name - or use the word "us" or "me"] How? Vote WPI today

Event Start: 8:30am May 25
Event End: 11:30pm May 25

Where: Chase Community Giving http://bit.ly/lgSzGG

More info: [this is your main text]

Last day to Vote for Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuroimmune Diseases! Deadline is midnight, May 25 (tonight!)
Click "See More" for voting instructions below.

$100,000 at stake
[30 seconds] to vote WPI
[10 seconds] to re-share
All day to feel good for helping those that dont feel good!

To vote:
1. http://bit.ly/lgSzGG direct to WPI page
2."Like" Chase Giving
3. Click green Vote and Share button. After you vote, button will be replaced with Thanks for your vote

Go the extra mile for us. Invite your friend-list to this event. This will multiply votes by 1,000s and is THE KEY to winning the grant money.

Follow the standings on this FINAL DAY of competition at http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/leaderboards/top
(you can click on each charity to see real-time vote count)

WPI has slipped from 7th to 9th place and needs to finish Top 10! Please support WPI now!

Why you should vote for WPI: They have a fierce determination to find treatments and a cure for Neuroimmune diseases including ME/CFS, but they need this grant to open their clinic and do more research. ________ [husband's full name or "I" or "Patient x, etc."] is just one of many with this disease. __________________ [His 6 year-old and 4 year-old sons want their dad to be healthy and strong again.] [insert your own emotional statement here about wanting someone to be healthy and strong again]

Dont fret. If you are reluctant to vote because of Facebook privacy settings, read tips below in the comments of this event page about how to restore privacy settings immediately after voting.

We posted these Facebook security tips as "comments" on the event page, because several people have been concerned about liking Chase Giving or using their app. Thanks to people from both Phoenix Rising and the ME/CFS Forum for these awesome tips.

Optional Comments to add to event page regarding security:
"We found some tips on ME/CFS forums that talk about ways to vote and do other things on facebook but maintain as much security as possible. Here are a couple ideas..."

"You can "like" Chase Giving, vote, then "unlike CG. So CG has access to your personal info only for the time it takes one to vote. Time vulnerable to hacking? 25 seconds."

"All apps on FB (games, contests, 3rd parties) require a non secure straight through HTTP connection (basically what you transmit/receive is unencrypted). To use apps, you can not use the security setting (HTTPS - all traffic encrypted, lik...e with internet banking). To get around it, "like" & vote, then re-enable the secure setting. More on that in a minute.

The Chase voting page where you see all the charities & their running totals is an app(lication) so it needs to be uninstalled from your account settings found under...

Account tab (top right) --> Privacy Settings --> Edit your settings for Apps & Websites (bottom Left) --> Click "Remove unwanted or spammy apps." --> Scroll to the app in question, click on "edit settings", then click on "remove app"

"Everyone should be aware that voting with the Chase Community Giving app requires you to go out of secure browsing (you will start seeing http: instead of https: at the beginning of all your URLs when you are in Facebook.) In order to resume secure browsing after you vote, you need to log out of Facebook and log back in. ; go to Account Settings ---> Account Security and make sure that secure browsing is turned on."

Here's my favorite: I'd tell someone worried about privacy that [with Facebook] it was only ever an illusion, they never actually had it they just thought they did
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

C'mon Phoenix Rising. We can do this for WPI and for us!

Comments

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to edit the above text, so I'm posting here in case people are actually hosting events on Facebook and want to use this updated text. It's hard to tell sometimes on PR if you're completely on your own with this stuff. It's pretty quiet out there guys...

Anyway, we recently updated our "event" text to make it clearer how to know you have voted. We were having trouble where some people weren't sure if they voted, or they didn't know to like Chase first, etc.

Specifically here's the new section on how to vote:

Last day to Vote for Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuroimmune Diseases!
Deadline is midnight ET, May 25 (tonight!)
CLICK "See More" BELOW for VOTING INSTRUCTIONS.

$100,000 at stake
[30 seconds] to vote WPI
[10 seconds] to re-share
All day to feel good for helping those that dont feel good!

To vote:
1. http://bit.ly/lgSzGG direct to WPI page
2. YOU MUST FIRST "Like" Chase Giving (thumbs-up button at top of voting page) OR YOUR VOTE WON'T HAPPEN
3. Click green Vote and Share button. After you vote, within seconds you'll have 100% vote confirmation because the button will be replaced with Thanks for your vote

Go the extra mile for us. Invite your friend-list to this event. This will multiply votes by 1,000s and is THE KEY to winning the grant money.

Blog entry information

Author
OneWaySurvival
Read time
4 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from OneWaySurvival