• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

hell and back and every place in between

So today was... How to even describe it, I have been in all the sides of the spectrum of the mood scale.

For starters, I didn't sleep, not sure why I was having PEM so intense, so I stopped fighting it and got out of bed at 4am. I got this burning and buzz in head that was horrible. I was so desperate that it occurred to me that I no longer feared hell, because there was no way I could imagine anything else that feeling burning alive! I prayed in all ways I knew how ( I even did the catholic praying way).

I googled how to starve myself to death which I knew was momentarily insanity because I cannot go longer than a meal without food. I got quite exited to know that I could end this misery in 40 days or so!!! Not too bad. That was until breakfast time came and I got hungry :) then the nonsense went away.

I put ice on head and felt better, then could go back to sleep. After I woke up, I had the great idea to exercise. This is one of the things that get blood to my brain so I would give it a try to see if the buzzing would get better even for at least a moment (it can disappears sometimes when I walk). So 1 mile later (5min on 5 laying down) and buzz still there.

Then I receive the call from the electrophysiologyst that I had to travel 45min because lady could not fax a paper and I needed to sing it to request my records.

By this time I was feeling good, Life looking good, Mood great, buzz tolerable.

Got dinner ready and by now I have PEM back with a vengeance. I will put ice on head. Mood now not so good and the outlook on life pretty grim.

I think I need to find a way to deal with mood while I get desperate with this burning episodes!!!!

Comments

What's causing all this? Did it all start after your visit with Dr. Rey?

It sounds awful.

Test said I have bad oxygen while sleeping (mild sleep apnea) going to try the CPAP.

just sending you some **hugs** .. Ive been thou a lot of those feelings myself in the past.

Do you have something like POTS causing this? (i wondered as you said exercise helps get the blood to the brain better). I dont always emotionally cope well when Im not getting enough blood to my brain.

Blog entry information

Author
Seven7
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from Seven7