• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

For Non-Facebook Users - Vote for PANDORA

I am a pretty private person. I didnt use to be, but with CFS, energy conservation comes first. Heck, Im a long time member of Phoenix Rising and I still dont have 100 posts.

Yet I want to do more with my limited energy. Youve probably heard by now that PANDORA has a good shot at winning $20,000 in Chases Community Giving contest. I imagine that every one of you will want to support them because they are trying to build a Research and Treatment Center for CFS and other illnesses. $20,000 will substantially help their efforts.

But of course, being a recluse, I didnt have a Facebook page. This blog is for all of you recluses out there who also want to do your part but arent on Facebook yet. And being brain - fogged, I thought it would be helpful to put all the information to help PANDORA in one place.

Becoming a member of Facebook takes less than 5 minutes and very little personal information.

Go to Facebook to sign up. It's easy!

I thought they would ask me a lot of questions, but they didnt. They just want your name, email address, whether you are female/male and your birth date (I guess they are monitoring age to keep their content age appropriate), and of course a password.

That is the only information you need to set up an account. Sure theyll ask you all kinds of other things. You just need to look for the button that says SKIP and you will breeze right through setting up your account. Once you have it set up they will send a notice to your email to verify that you are a real person. Click on the link and Boomyou are a bona fide member of Facebook.

Now how do you vote for PANDORA? Its easy too!

Simple Steps (Thanks Frank)
1)Log-on to your facebook account

2)Click on this link and it will take you to the voting page for PANDORA: http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/550795076-patient-alliance-neuroendocrineimmu-disorders-org-for-resech-amp-adv-inc

3)Click Let's get started to vote (green button) and give permission to the Chase application.

4)Click vote

5)You can vote up to the 12th of July (you have 20 votes in total to use for different orgs.)

Extra Gift Votes

It doesn't have to be more complicated then voting just once. But if you want to spend about 10 more minutes, you have the chance to get two more votes for PANDORA.

Gift Votes - In a Nut Shell:
If you vote for 5 charities - You get one Gift Vote that you can send to a Friend who you can ask to use the vote for PANDORA (send them the link http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/550795076-patient-alliance-neuroendocrineimmu-disorders-org-for-resech-amp-adv-inc
or have them search PATIENT ALLIANCE NEUROENDOCRINE on the Chase Community Giving Page. When your friend votes for 5 charities, they can give you a Gift Vote back so that you can vote for PANDORA again.

When you vote for 20 charities you will get another Gift Vote to send to a different person who can use it to also vote for PANDORA.

However a single person can only vote for PANDORA twice so you want to make sure that you send your GIFT Votes to someone who can still vote for PANDORA.

Here are some other CFS organizations to vote for after you vote for PANDORA (so that you can get Gift Votes). Copy each organization below (all CFS charities) into the Search and Vote page to find the charity and vote for them.

Other CFS Organizations (per
2. New Jersey Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Association
3. American Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
4. National CFIDS Foundation
5. National Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia Association
6. Blackhills Chronic Fatigue CFS and Fibromyalgia FMS Support Group
7. Massachusetts CFIDS Association
8. CFS Knowledge Center Inc.
9. CFIDS Emergency Relief
10. Manasota CFS/ CFIDS Support Group
11. Connecticut Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome
12. Tacoma Gig Harbor CFIDS and Fibromyalgia Support
13. CFS/ FMS Support Group of San Antonio
14. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Crisis Center
15. CFIDS and Fibromyalgia Self Help Program
16. American Blue Ribbon Awareness for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
17. Central Virginia Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia Assn
18. Wisconsin Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Association
19. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia org of Georgia
20. Greater Tallahassee Fibromyalgia Syndrome and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

My intent on writing this is that many of us need simple instructions to do these kind of things. My hope is this gets a lot more votes for PANDORA and down the line, another research institute that is dedicated to our illness.

Please vote for PANDORA.http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/550795076-patient-alliance-neuroendocrineimmu-disorders-org-for-resech-amp-adv-inc

Lynn

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
Lynn
Read time
4 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs