• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Folate, deal breaker update

I had about decided Folate was evil, for me. The possibility that it was the magic cure for brain fog was an irresistible lure so I gave it another try within two weeks of the edema episode. I cut out everything I was taking that had Folic Acid in it, as well as all foods sources with Folic Acid added. After a week, I started taking a quarter (100 mcg) of L-Methyl folate by Solgar once a day. After four days, I showed no signs of swelling, so I took a half (200mcg) for two days. Still no signs of swelling.

At that point, I jumped right in to the big time and took my first B-Right.

Up to then, I had only been taking the following from the Freddd protocol:

Methyl B12
Adenosyl B12*
Trimethyl glycine (TMG)
Liquid L-Carnitine w/ B5
Gamma E

*(had Folic Acid in it, so I cut back on the dose until I could find another source)

B-Right is massive. It has so much Niacin in it that it makes me prickly (just short of flushing). Somehow, despite the edema of L-Methyl folate of just two weeks prior, I had no problems tolerating it. I did not have a brain fog relief reaction from taking the correct active Folate that so many others report having. I was very much looking forward to that miracle, but it turns out that it is not mine to have.

I am writing this in retrospect, so I will go ahead and report that I can take two B-Right a day without experiencing any tolerance issues (that I know of, or feel related to the B-Right, anyway). Taking two a day does not seem to provide more help with the CFS, however, so I usually take one and second dose supplement only Methyl B12 and Adenosyl B12.

How much does taking all these B-vitamins help me? Well... My sister's boyfriend stopped by while in town around this time and after a few minutes of chatting (and he knew zero about me having CFS) he said, "What have you been doing? You're different. You're like... 'alive' now."

I had no idea he thought I was a zombie before. LOL.

I do not always feel very alive. Is this tired, toxic yuck of today better than the way I felt last month? I ask my kids to tell me how I am different so that I know I am still improving. More details on improvements to come, because the Bs are only the beginning.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
Recluse.F
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from Recluse.F