It's been almost exactly 5 years since I last posted about my experiences with taking Valcyte for my ME/CFS. During that time, I've done well, for the most part, and learned a bunch about the necessity of pacing to prevent additional decline.
Despite my best efforts, I'm heading back down the rabbit hole with the ME/CFS and am having a very difficult time doing anything productive - including my 30/hr a week job. My wife an I decided that I should restart the Valcyte for a time - uncertain the exact duration - and see if a third round will get me through until something more definitive comes around (Cortene maybe?).
I have an appointment with my new Primary Physician (whom I've met once, but thought she was likely to help) on March 11th for an "Annual Physical". During that appointment, I'm hoping to ask and receive a script for the Valcyte (which has come down in price as a generic nicely since I last did this...).
Will be updating this blog again (and hopefully more frequently than last time - the entries were actually really helpful for preparing this time) as things progress. If anyone has questions about anything related, feel free to write in the comments and I'll respond as soon as I'm able (sorry to those I missed at the end last time!).
Brent / ArgyrosfeniX