• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Family trip

So I have been pushing my limits, I wanted to provoke a small crash, not a full on crash but one of those 4hours, I wanted to test my new limits, how much I can do before I get a crash.

I am happy to report that I have not have one!!! And I have push my limits a lot. I have been on the gym everyday about this week. I did 30min bike and 30min weights. I have gone to the groceries, I went on a family trip to a water park!!! 2.5h drive, I did all the rides and was upright most of the time. We spent about 5h, then got shower and out for dinner. During the trip I took 3 rests periods of about 10min to 15min each. Today I took a nap of 2h. I was tired overall but so was my husband, I was like normal tired, Something I haven't feel in a long time.

I think treating OI has been a blessing and the difference between feeling dead (and going through the motions) Vs feeling alive. I think if you do not find one treatment that fits you for OI, you have to try until one find something for OI because it really makes a difference.

I am doing so well that I am starting work Tuesday. My family and I are so happy to be able to go out again and just share as a family, I have been so self involved that I didn't realized how much they have been affected and have things they have to pass on because of me.

I am happy but also afraid, now that I taste liberty and freedom from CFS HELLLLL because is what it is, I am afraid to relapse so I am going to take it easier and not push my luck.

Comments

Doing the HAPPY DANCE for you!!!! This is so awesome, I may be found outside on the sidewalk doing the happy dance.

Blog entry information

Author
Seven7
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Seven7