• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

eye problems with CFS

I am getting severe eye problems like eye pain, dry eye, nerves are visible on the white portion etc. Any body experienced eye problems? Is there any treatment helped you?

Comments

I have problems with my eyes, which are from stress related Dry eye syndrome. They burn, are dry and sometimes I feel like someone is pushing on my right eyeball. I use good eye drops in vials ( i like Tears Naturale by Alcon) and if they are so dry that I can't stand it I use Unisol 4 to get me through.

I have had eye problems in the past, mainly dry gritty eyes and severe seye pain. The eye pain is usually in one eye and is very severe. If I touch the eyelid it hurts a lot. I have also had blurred vision, on and off, not related to eyesight on tests. The blurred vision is much worse if I over do things. Since my overall M.E improved I have not had as many problems - although my eyes often look bloodshot.

About 5 yrs ago, I had symptoms of a detaching retina. Since two siblings had the operation I was watched closely, so far nothing has happened. Even the dr seems stumped. I understand it is a symptom of EDS and I have more than a few. Surprisingly enough my eyesight hasn't changed much in 20 yrs.

I had to stop wearing contacts . But even with glasses , it felt like something was in my eye . I plucked
my eye lids and it helped . Why ? I have no idea .

My vision gets blurry when I am tired, especially if I have been using my eyes a lot.

I had been taking 25,000 IU/day vitamin A for macular degeneration. The formula was changed, so I was titrating the vit. A down. When I got to 10,000 IU/day I started getting floaters and my eyes got 'tired' more easily. I am now back up to 20,000 IU/day and the problems have disappeared.

Blog entry information

Author
ravikumarsu
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs