• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

eserine salicylate or physostigmine

I used to take this drug for years. At first a neurologist gave me the prescription. Afterwards my home practitioner went on with the drug. It was made in a pharmacy as a magistral preparation containing 200 mg calcium carbonate and 0,16 mg eserine salicylate. In the past this drug (in a higher dose) was given also to Alzheimer patients and sometimes to MS-patients. In my body the effect was that it suppressed the general feverish flulike sensation we all suffer from. Its effect is short and it doesn't cure our disease, but it made my life easier and less miserable and it helped me to maintain a better concentration. Recently in Belgium and Holland this drug is taken from the market. Thru the internet I found that the raw material is available in the U.K., China, USA and Germany. I informed myself already if it is deliverable in German and British pharmacies and it seems not known by doctors there. Maybe it is still used only for laboratory research, that's possible too. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of medicine?

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
Ronald
Read time
1 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs