• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Elemental diet made it 1 week

I'm at the point where I'd rather fast. The nausea from the sick sweet powder and oil...
diarrhea from the oil... sugar coma headache.

Originally I was aiming for 30 days. I've already mentally adjusted to 3 weeks but even that seems impossible today.

One of my friends told me it's like going through chemo. You poison your body temporarily for some greater good- just endure it.
:grumpy:

She also said there's a cancer bandwagon that rolls up to give you a party as soon as you're diagnosed, and then disappears as soon as medicine decides you're cured.

On the plus side! ME made NY Times Modern Love! Maybe more people will believe it exists now.

Comments

"On the plus side! ME made NY Times Modern Love! Maybe more people will believe it exists now."

Well, not the medical community. Not until BigPharma comes up with a patented treatment/cure/whatever. That's pretty much what it took for them to stop dismissing Fibro as a delusional state, or a mental fugue.

Blog entry information

Author
CedarHome
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from CedarHome