• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Eckhart tolle has given me the ladder out of hell.

Congratulations Genevieve. I think 'being here now' is very important. My guess is that our systems just overreact to negative impulses. These negative impulses live in our assessing, nattering minds. Getting away from that is very beneficial.

I certainly feel much more healthy when I'm in 'the now'. Of course, very few people exist in the 'now', healthy or not. Lots of people, most people actually, have a negative mind state and it doesn't bother them physically. My guess is that the sicker you are the less your body can cope with the stress chemicals, etc. released when we're in the grips of these negative mind states.

Comments

thanks for the recommendation gen. the author is apparently very famous here in germany, although i havent heard of him before. i will try to check out his book. and i am glad to hear that it has helped you so much...

Thanks for posting, Genevieve - that's amazing you've found the healing and direction that you have. I find Tolle's work helpful too. I have the audio CD set version of the Power of Now - I find the sound of Tolle's German-accented, calm voice very soothing and the Q&A format easy to understand. Sometimes I actively listen; other times I play the CD before bed to feel even and neutral and it eases me into sleep.

Thanks for reminding me of this, I ve started to read it again. I do find him amazingly helpful. There is another book that you might be interested in. Its called the mandala of being by richard moss. You can listen to him at www.richardmoss.com. He is another teacher, in a similar vein to E Tolle. I have only read the first part, there is so much in it. The place that these guys have reached is incredible.

Blog entry information

Author
Cort
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...