• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Day 43

A slightly different entry today. I think I am trending in the right direction now, the ebv symptoms and swelling in the glands appears to be calming down finally:

It's dawned on me over the last few months how I cannot think of any happy memories anymore. Every time my mind goes to a happy memory it's pre ME, every single time.

All the memories I have post ME (literally broke up with a girl the week I got ME because well I was confused at the time mentally and physically and didn't know what the hell was going on, so extra complications were something I couldn't deal with) are just struggle and difficulty.

It's just saddened me that like many here it becomes harder and harder to think back on a happy memory. I think working full time has actually made things a lot worse, I've spent time in offices with my head spinning from ME, or physically fatigued or struggling to get out of my chair, to have people laughing or bullying you (in one instance) while dealing with all that crap as well.

Then there's the anxiety and difficulty of knowing whether you'll have to quit work on your next big crash. It just feels like it's one long never ending road of misery.

Even as I got 4 or 5 days of feeling really good on the protocol linked in my signature I have got so used to aggressive pacing (spending all my spare time in bed), crashing after any type of exertion and struggling through every trip out, celebration, birthday, whatever. That I was trying to grapple with even the momentary semblance of feeling "well" because it was difficult to remember how to even be happy. Of course I think that just comes with practice, when you're no longer scared of your body all the time and your at least 80% free of viruses that make your ME worse, you will eventually feel better and your memories will be happier.

Because you're no longer carrying a swollen head around, your heads no longer spinning, you don't collapse from exertion at the drop of a hat. It will be great one day when everyone is free of this disease so they get to feel that good. But it's a contrast to the enforced limitation of aggressive pacing and energy management which consumes your every moment and locks you indoors.
Reactions: Judee

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
godlovesatrier
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from godlovesatrier

• Covid Day 59
    After herxing a lot yesterday taking 250mcg of kpv for a bad head cold...
  • Covid day 56
    I started to feel better around day 40, lactoferrin 900mg a day...
  • Covid update
    Lung pain has definitely gone since taking two 5mg hydrocortisone doses...
  • Covid day 39
    I've got air hunger now which I haven't had for about two or three...
  • Covid day 36
    I've been suffering with a ton of inflammation since about week 2...