• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Day 30 - Dose 3

I still can't believe how all my strength has returned in my hands arms and body through seemingly just taking the protocol. This surely reaffirms that deconditioning is total bull**** in ME and that if you can switch things back to normal, even if that is via the Davis route or the Navaiux route, or even on the back of Prusty's work - your body seemingly stabilises fairly quickly.

I guess diet could play a part but I have taken high protein diets in 2018 and 2019 and noticed an uptick in energy but not in strength - that was still pretty elusive until this protocol.

I think my strength began to diminish and significantly weaken when I noticed muscle spasms and twitching after exertion (way outside my envelope - I was taking reishi/shittaki and maitakki Pukka branded capsules at the time for PEM buffering and BCAA's). But ultimately things got out of whack and I deteriorated over the 2 years (to the current present day).

Not much to report on the protocol side. Reduced EGCG dose to 125mg/125mg/75mg/0mg to try to allow for deeper sleep. So far this appears to be working. I titrated down from 200mg to 154mg to 125mg over about 4 days. So hopefully 125 will still give me the benefits until I can start taking the reishi and lions mane again.

I am also debating buying a new brand of oat bran from Holland and Barrett that has a certified beta glucan content as opposed to the cheap 1kg bag I have.

I also experimented taking some LOLA capsules 2g x 2 yesterday for what felt like general immune activation and inflamation from the covid vaccine. Took some nytol to knock myself out last night, also drank a cup of strong peppermint tea about 7pm and slept much better. Will be drinking the tea again tonight I think.

So I'll keep you appraised on how I get on with the EGCG new doses, but I am highly likely to go back up to 154mg once I get back on the reishi and lions mane.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
godlovesatrier
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from godlovesatrier

• Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Covid Day 59
    After herxing a lot yesterday taking 250mcg of kpv for a bad head cold...
  • Covid day 56
    I started to feel better around day 40, lactoferrin 900mg a day...
  • Covid update
    Lung pain has definitely gone since taking two 5mg hydrocortisone doses...
  • Covid day 39
    I've got air hunger now which I haven't had for about two or three...