• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Day 17 - Dose 1

So thismorning I felt quite tired as I said and an hour after dosing my dizziness and muscle fatigue was present and not great.

It's 11am now and the effect of removing all carbohydrate from my breakfast hit me about 10am I think. Initially I became very hungry and felt worse, but then I drank a load of water and my body must have switched to the 35g of protein I gave it instead and started using this as I felt a cellular change (drop in ROS/ammonia? it didn't feel like it was occurring in my muscles but in the tissues of my body so maybe ROS). Anyway long story short it's 11am now and I am feeling pretty good, reasonably energetic.

The primary reason I decided to do this this morning was a little experiment to see if I could reduce the swelling in my neck and primarily in the cranial cervical junction (which is where it's at it's worst). I would say the cranial cervical junction feels less inflamed but there's still some stretched skin at the back there where the occipital swelling probably is.

I'll see how I get on today, will be eating a normal amount of carbs for lunch, just trying to get my carbs down to about 80g, as today it was more like 110g. I think 80 to 100 for me is plenty and it's not contradicted for this protocol, I don't think Josh has ever suggested doing a keto diet for example.

Going to mix an egg into my lunch and see if that is tolerated...I highly doubt it, but be interesting to see anyway!

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
godlovesatrier
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from godlovesatrier

• Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Covid Day 59
    After herxing a lot yesterday taking 250mcg of kpv for a bad head cold...
  • Covid day 56
    I started to feel better around day 40, lactoferrin 900mg a day...
  • Covid update
    Lung pain has definitely gone since taking two 5mg hydrocortisone doses...
  • Covid day 39
    I've got air hunger now which I haven't had for about two or three...