• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Day 14 - Dose 1

So as I said the last few days I added the egcg back in again using the old brand I first bought as this appeared to be tolerable. However I suffered from PEM again last night at the 25mg egcg dose, so obviously this does didn't block PEM. Therefore I raised it to 75mg EGCG so I can try again at that higher dose. For the time being I've completely removed the oat bran, will re-add at a later date if things settle down.

Yesterday I had no nausea at all at the 25mg EGCG dose using the Wells Pharmacy green tea brand. So I know that was tolerable, but as the protocol relies on green tea it's a bit pointless doing it without that bit working.

I think I may be one of those edge cases however that needs a GDH substitute as my body just seems to reject green tea at higher doses and higher doses appear to be important or they won't block PEM.

I went to 75mg this morning and took it first away from everything else and experienced nausea, a feeling of blood draining from my extremities (similar to the symptoms of gastroenteritis), coldness (body temp lowering), sickness and subsequently brain fog due to the nausea and that feeling like blood is draining from certain parts of my body (heading toward the stomach??). I've also noticed the blood drains from my face at this higher dose, it's almost like my body converts all it's energy to "I want you to get this out of me right now!" mode.

Anyway the more time goes on, the more I feel like the primary benefit of this protocol GDH Inhibition is lost on me because I can't tolerate the EGCG. I've googled other inhibitors and found one or two but not that many.

Other people seem to be doing well on the protocol and tolerating the egcg just fine, so I am really rather upset it's not working for me, my family do have pretty bad allergies though and lots of auto immune diseases around the joints bowels and the like so it's probably not very surprising that I can't tolerate it in the therapeutic dose. Thankfully Josh has said in some of his posts that a colleague of his has worked up a list of alternatives. I think I will continue taking the egcg dose I can tolerate until this list is published and then swap to another substance and get up to the therapeutic dose and try again. I still think there are gains to be made from the rest of the protocol and changes if I'm honest, but without blocking PEM and in josh's eyes allowing the body to repair collagen etc, the cycle of damage just continues.
Reactions: Marley101

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
godlovesatrier
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from godlovesatrier

• Covid Day 59
    After herxing a lot yesterday taking 250mcg of kpv for a bad head cold...
  • Covid day 56
    I started to feel better around day 40, lactoferrin 900mg a day...
  • Covid update
    Lung pain has definitely gone since taking two 5mg hydrocortisone doses...
  • Covid day 39
    I've got air hunger now which I haven't had for about two or three...
  • Covid day 36
    I've been suffering with a ton of inflammation since about week 2...