- High fibre to lower bacteroidetes (30g a day up from around 15)
- Low fat to lower bacteroidetes (removal of lamb, red meat once a week, fatty foods like chorizo and others out)
- Regular pomegrenate intake for polyphenols
- Attempting to take blueberries but they seem to make me feel worse.
- Regular consumption of legumes, black eyed beans increase f prausnitzii (a butyrate producer). My prausnitzii below, Feb, Sept and Oct are the impact of black eyed beans (depletion in Oct due to herbal remedies like resveratrol, so that can be ignored).
- Inulin took for about 12 months, doesn't have a huge impact but 12g is a preferable dose and I can't take that much. I normally take 5 to 6g a day. But I thought I had sibo for awhile - turned out to be due to coconut yoghurt causing gastro pain
- Solaray24 strain, or dr mercola complete. Stopped solaray24 as I'd taken it for 2 years. Switched back to vivomixx and felt better within about 4 to 24 hours.
|l actyle glutathione (potent ROS scanveger/low in ME)||100 to 200mg||once|
|egcg (ros/microbiome/others)||200mg||twice a day|
|life extension reishi (nk cells+func/mitos)||1 to 4 caps (4 caps is max CTM dose)||3x a day|
|NAC (potent antioxidant)||600mg||3x a day|
|Pomegrenate softgel (life extension) - kidney stones/hugely increase mitophagy and energy||1000mg||once a week|
|Laratodine/Luetelin (MCAS) (dr bansal recommended)||n/a||experiment|
|vitamin d (dr bansal recommended)||4000IU||per day|
|zinc (leaky gut/NAC offset)||3.25mg||once|
|Vitamin k2 (kidney stone experiment)||standard dose||once|
|Probiotic - currently vivomixx again after a 2-3 month break||1 sachet (450bill cfu)||once|
|B complex||thorne complex 1 cap||once every 3 months|
- Valtrex 500mg a day
I've tried all sorts now, I have absolutely no idea if any of these did long term damage. Personally I think unlkely at low doses, but this is what my microbiome looked like in 2021 when I had been taking solaray24 for about a year:
- Lactobacillus: 0.01 (0.5 to 1% is ideal)
- 2023: it oscilates between being completely depleted (0%) and ok levels, although tends to be a lot more stable with vivomixx most of the time.
- Bifdobacteria: 0.006% (2.5 to 5% is ideal) (these bacteria are antiviral, it's unclear what effect v low numbers have)
- 2023: it is now 0.03% above that old baseline
- Akkermansia: 0.003% (0.02 to 2% is ideal) (almost no dietary factors appear to effect this)
- Solaray24 - worked very well for me
- Dr Mercola complete - same as above
- Life extension longum (wasn't sure if this caused gastro issues, need to retest)
- Vivomixx - excellent, did herx quite a lot in the early days.
- kyo dophilus 9 - joint pain but generally ok
- Metabolics infantis - insomnia initial brainfog
- Metabolics helveticus - felt worse on this one, brainfog etc
- Custom probiotics d lactate free - very bad herx on this, felt truly awful, have not touched it again since.
- Bacilus subtilis hu58 - very bad herx, but for a few months it resolved my sleep and I slept like a dead person - truly blissful
- Earth and Young Bacilus blend - worse herx than the hu58 but v similair, leads to a crash lasting several days.
- Boulardii - no noticeable effect either way.
- Gasseri - no noticeable effect either way
- (others that I cannot remember)