Crawl from the mire

Greetings All,

It has been a while, I know. I will make no evasion since I was last able to post here; the simple act of breathing and seeming avoidance of the great maw of the abyss has been a travail.
I had hoped as winter’s face resided and the burgeoning of spring struggled forth from the cold mud; that it would ameliorate with the shift. But that hope has thus far purported disappointing. Since mid-March, much of my time has been spent in painful and incongruous torpor. Though I’ve not been ill with any microbe, my lungs and nervous system, in general, slid into the frozen mire of mud season. Though their severe lack of proper function wasn’t innocuous enough to still my breath, only exasperate misery. This disease sure births a quisling to the former self.

Natheless, despite the attempt to swallow me in quicksand, I feel a slight renovation in the self. Without exaggeration, this past winter has been the most challenging since that of 06, directly after I had been poisoned. The progressive slide downward, and acute drop-off in the last year that I’ve experienced with this disease, has certainly been shocking. Since last autumn, most especially so.

I did have an online consult with Dartmouth Neurology last week. They are ordering a fresh set of high-definition brain MRIs. Also on the docket is specialized nerve testing; since arsenic can cause peripheral nerve damage, which could be creating the plaguing severe issues in my lungs. It could also be instigating or aggravating some of the autonomic nervous system issues and brutal flareups. A large part of the poison ingredients in 05 was arsenic trioxide. Other tests will be ordered as well, but so far I’m not sure which.

That’s all for now. Wishing you all the very best, and I hope the early start of vivacious spring eases your physical burdens and lifts your spirits on the wings of eagles.

crocus.jpeg

Comments

I am very sorry to hear things got so very difficult. Kudos for hanging in there.

That's great your getting some help with some more testing...

I had no oxygen myself for a good seven days. Plenty long, thank you.

Well that was a great serve up of the muck and the mire. And that menacing quicksand. While I"ve never actually met any of that, rumors of it still intrigue...

Quicksand was so common in the old westerns. You never know when you might run into some. I have a family story, two went missing in the quicksand outside Richmond VA. Never did figure out "which two" that was.....

Keep resting and thoughts for healing, sending them your way.

I am very sorry to hear things got so very difficult. Kudos for hanging in there.

That's great your getting some help with some more testing...

I had no oxygen myself for a good seven days. Plenty long, thank you.

Well that was a great serve up of the muck and the mire. And that menacing quicksand. While I"ve never actually met any of that, rumors of it still intrigue...

Quicksand was so common in the old westerns. You never know when you might run into some. I have a family story, two went missing in the quicksand outside Richmond VA. Never did figure out "which two" that was.....

Keep resting and thoughts for healing, sending them your way.
I am sorry to hear you went through a nasty rough patch yourself. Even so you seem to have been able to visit and post.

Quicksand I have encountered, but never fell in. Years ago I did get badly stuck in an infamous willow bog… perhaps one day I will write about it.

Yes it was wicked rough. In the span of six weeks I spent maybe three of them so out of it I have no memory of the time. The rest was laying in misery. Soon after I became mired in March my wife’s Parkinson’s med stopped working. She declined at a disturbingly rapid rate with rigidity, severe constant pain, insomnia and tremor that pretty much made her one arm useless and her balance treacherous. It was a frightening awakening for us both.

Nevertheless, she has been on a new med and slowly working up to the full dose and already she has improved dramatically and back to functioning again with only mild intermittent pains.

Hello @Nord Wolf......Very sorry to hear of your ongoing problems with exposure to arsenic trioxide. Were you drinking any ground water? One hopes not. (This would be in addition to other exposure.)

I had recently finished a book about the use of certain pesticides, although arsenic trioxide is also used for medical purposes, but it's interesting to note that arsenic (don't know which form) was also used on food crops for years and still is in many developing countries. It's poisonous and, as you know, is only sold as rat bait at this point in time.

Yes, it can cause a lot of damage....and that reminds me of my brothers' experiences in Vietnam. It's hard to believe that our govt. didn't learn from that exposure.....arsenic had been used by farmers and homeowners alike, and the poisonous aspect was only discovered when it couldn't be washed off produce, etc. (I expect you know all of this.)

I'm glad that you saw a new neurologist and will be having some updated MRI's. Oncology may also be used to solve this puzzling problem.

Also sorry to hear about your wife and her Parkinson's fight. I'm sure that stress has exacerbated both of your conditions....even if you think it doesn't. Here's hoping the doctors will be able to help you. I wish you better health in the very near future. Please tell your wife the same. Yours, Lenora.

Quicksand I have encountered, but never fell in. Years ago I did get badly stuck in an infamous willow bog… perhaps one day I will write about it.
thanks...yes do tell me more about any quicksand you might have met (and sorry I also said that in another message to you).

I lost considerable brain function during my visit to the abyss and whether it returns or not, remains to be seen.

I'm glad you wife is doing better.

It really takes a long time to recover from these bouts so: hang on...feel better

Hello @Nord Wolf......Very sorry to hear of your ongoing problems with exposure to arsenic trioxide. Were you drinking any ground water? One hopes not. (This would be in addition to other exposure.)

I had recently finished a book about the use of certain pesticides, although arsenic trioxide is also used for medical purposes, but it's interesting to note that arsenic (don't know which form) was also used on food crops for years and still is in many developing countries. It's poisonous and, as you know, is only sold as rat bait at this point in time.

Yes, it can cause a lot of damage....and that reminds me of my brothers' experiences in Vietnam. It's hard to believe that our govt. didn't learn from that exposure.....arsenic had been used by farmers and homeowners alike, and the poisonous aspect was only discovered when it couldn't be washed off produce, etc. (I expect you know all of this.)

I'm glad that you saw a new neurologist and will be having some updated MRI's. Oncology may also be used to solve this puzzling problem.

Also sorry to hear about your wife and her Parkinson's fight. I'm sure that stress has exacerbated both of your conditions....even if you think it doesn't. Here's hoping the doctors will be able to help you. I wish you better health in the very near future. Please tell your wife the same. Yours, Lenora.
Thanks.
Yes we drink water from a dug well up here in the mountains. All our houses had dug wells and we had every one of them fully tested for everything. Our well is clean of all heavy metals, alpha uranium, etc. We always pay for the highest level testing... about 200 bucks for everything. And I always refuse to drink town and city water. Far too many harmful chemicals in that water, like fluoride, chlorine and tons or others. When we travel to towns we bring lots of our own water, or buy bottled spring water.

thanks...yes do tell me more about any quicksand you might have met (and sorry I also said that in another message to you).

I lost considerable brain function during my visit to the abyss and whether it returns or not, remains to be seen.

I'm glad you wife is doing better.

It really takes a long time to recover from these bouts so: hang on...feel better
When I regain more energy and focus I'll write about the quicksand just for you ;)

I was reading its mostly not true: drowning in it. Get stuck is more likely.

It was in all those 1950's westerns I grew up on, forever running into quicksand (or poisoned water holes).

But reading about it geologically, left me confused. Thats often the case here lately- to understand some complex concept requires quite a bit of...processing and review.

I'm still curious if one can step into an artesian spring and basically disappear...into the mire. And the muck.

....no worries: Feel Better

R

Blog entry information

Author
Nord Wolf
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Nord Wolf