• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Full Regimen Round 5 + with new supplement

I'm preparing for the next round. Currently added another supplement to reduce blocking of the reactive oxygen apoptosis pathway. Based on appetite response and increased apoptosis speed and increased pain it was a good idea. Will start fast apoptosis supplements in a few days.

Comments

Today on 9/20/2020 I feel sufficiently rested and recovered at day 5 of slow apoptosis to restart fast apoptosis and started the coxsackie virus supplements. Part of the reason also has to do with the appearance of loose stool and abdominal pain tenderness increase over the remaining central lower abdomen. The new supplement appears to speed up periostitis inflammation clearance by 2-4x.

Had the energy wipeout a few hours post restarting. Intensity is about half of what it was initially. Progress. I predict some great new photos showing accelerated periostitis clearance in the toes.

About 4 hrs into the full regimen I'm dealing with abdominal discomfort over the previously tender area and a huge body heat increase there and around my shoulders and upper neck. The body heat increase is new for these supplements.

Hypersalivation and increased light sensitivity but not as severe (about 50% decreased).

Hello toes! Looks 75% there. I'm also including a photo from round 1 for comparison. Big swelling reduction at the side of foot, big toe and toes 3 and 4 on the left side. Changes are after 2.5 months of alternating supplements.
20200704_194021-1-jpg.38681
20200920_225121[1].jpg

Last edited:
Have some periosteal swelling at the right lower jaw at the 3rd molar that is causing tooth sensitivity. No sensitivity to tapping or pressure over the root in the jaw, just generalized soreness on biting so it will probably resolve on its own (I've had this happen before in other areas).

Had some severe, painful bowel straining which I will be following. Treated with a Fleet enema and stool softener pills.

Last edited:
Previously I was getting drenched around my upper shoulders during the fast apoptosis due to excess sweating while asleep. This response has decreased about 50% during this cycle.

Tooth sensitivity 90% better,

Last edited:
Have some periosteal swelling at the right lower jaw at the 3rd molar that is causing tooth sensitivity. No sensitivity to tapping or pressure over the root in the jaw, just generalized soreness on biting so it will probably resolve on its own
Could that be related to some trigeminal nerve irritation?
I get TN irritation at times, and it can cause tooth sensitivity, to cold and the toothbrush. My last dental check up and X-ray showed nothing wrong.

Could that be related to some trigeminal nerve irritation?
I get TN irritation at times, and it can cause tooth sensitivity, to cold and the toothbrush. My last dental check up and X-ray showed nothing wrong.

Yes, definitely irritation the trigeminal nerve (mental branch of V3). That's exactly the area that was tender and protruding on the right mandible. The pain totally resolved and it feels 75% less protruding on palpation. I think it was temporary nerve irritation from surrounding inflammed periosteum (which was tender to palpation).

I think the constipation was because I accidentally overdosed piperine in the supplement mix 5x by using the wrong measuring spoon. I will have to reduce the dose when I make the next course and see if that helps.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325798#side-effects

Last edited:
The pain totally resolved and it feels 75% less protruding on palpation. I think it was temporary nerve irritation from surrounding inflammed periosteum (which was tender to palpation).
Yes, I hope that goes away now @gbells
My TN issues come one day, gone the next, or stick around for a few days then don't come back for several weeks
I accidentally overdosed piperine in the supplement mix 5x by using the wrong measuring spoon.
So easy to pick up the wrong spoon! Or overestimate the dosage. We live and learn!

Pausing fast apoptosis after 6 days. Here is today's progress photo.

Attachments

• 20200926_055917[1].jpg
    20200926_055917[1].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I think the fast apoptosis herbs are impairing gum health which look inflammed but are healing during the off fast apop time. I found out that the fast apoptosis herbs have some apoptosis inhibiting effects so I may be limiting use to three days (down from 6 days). Lower central abdomen still tender but trending down.

Started round 6 today. It turns out that the fast apoptosis supplement is great for coxsackie virus but its ingredients may actually work against apoptosis. I'm noticing that apoptosis picks up speed after it is discontinued. I may shorten the fast apop regimen to 3 days on rather than 6 days. Status picture attached.

Attachments

• 20201001_094517[1].jpg
    20201001_094517[1].jpg
    931.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I don't think the apoptosis completely stops because I notice that the other supplement appetites increase, perhaps to overcome the inhibition. I think around 5-6 days treatment with the fast supplements makes sense from a coxsackievirus clearance standpoint because it takes 3 days for autophagy to clear out the viral products (I'm using spermidine to stimulate autophagy during this period and licorhice to block cocksackievirus from spreading, especially during the rest period).

The shoulder night sweating is now gone, it hasn't appeared this cycle. I still have some inflammation in the upper shoulders and lower throat but it's lessened. Recovery time to regain energy keeps getting shorter. Abdominal tenderness dropped to about 15%. I'm going to stop the fast apoptosis supplements after 3 days this time as appetite is reduced and apoptosis response seems to be slowing.

Last edited:
Abdomen feels about 2/3 cleared of tenderness due to inflammation. Making progress.

Starting round 7 fast apopotosis today after only a 3 day rest period. Just had a visit with my rheumatologist and she was so impressed with periostitis improvement that she ordered an interferon alpha test which will guage EBV infection load. It will be interesting to see if interferon alpha picks up an abnormal (ebv came up with mixed results-pos initially for acute infection then turned neg for IgG and PCR). Also ordered a covid IgG test to see if I had past infection. Photos are from yesterday's MD appointment.

Attachments

• 20201007_161657[1].jpg
    20201007_161657[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 20201007_162213[1].jpg
    20201007_162213[1].jpg
    863 KB · Views: 19
  • 20201007_162226[1].jpg
    20201007_162226[1].jpg
    769.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
My systemic lupus erythematosis is actually improving along with the periostitis. Colchicine and plaquenil doses had to be lowered. Pharmacist says its due to improvement. Rheumatologist consented to an interferon alpha test to guage EBV, waiting for results.

Mr. GB was seen today in follow-up for SLE. He is doing very well.

Lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus) - Clinically doing very well.
- Continue methotrexate (RHEUMATREX) 20mg po weekly
- Continue daily folic acid 1mg BID
- Continue leucovorin 1/2 tab 30min prior to each MTX dose
- Continue hydroxychloroquine 200mg po daily (dose decreased by pt)
- Lupus activity labs today

Hypertension
- Continue Bystolic 5mg po daily

High risk medications - The patient is taking an immunosuppressant medication with high risk for infection and other complications. We are performing appropriate monitoring through laboratory testing, review of systems, and physical examination.
- CBCd, AST, ALT today

Chest wall pain - resolved
- Continue colchicine 0.6mg daily

HM
- UTD w/ Prevnar, Pneumovax, and influenza 2020
- Continue annual eye exam while on HCQ

Return in about 6 months (around 4/7/2021), or w/ dr s on a 3rd Wed PM.

Strong apoptosis on cycle 7 rest day 2 at left metatarsals with high grade localized pain (9/10). Definitely a vicodin day. Abdomen feels about 90% well (tenderness). Inflammation now below jaw at throat and has mild difficulty swallowing. I suspect these are some of the longest infected areas which clear last.

The shoulder night sweating is now gone, it hasn't appeared this cycle. I still have some inflammation in the upper shoulders and lower throat but it's lessened. Recovery time to regain energy keeps getting shorter. Abdominal tenderness dropped to about 15%. I'm going to stop the fast apoptosis supplements after 3 days this time as appetite is reduced and apoptosis response seems to be slowing.

That's some good awareness @gbells

Ok, 3 day dosing is a big success. Based on progress, I think I just cured ME.

Attachments

• 20201013_031438[1].jpg
    20201013_031438[1].jpg
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 13
Here are two pictures 3 hours apart in the afternoon during the no cell growth inhibitors (high apoptosis) cycle. First is at 6 pm, second is during apoptosis 8 pm and shows reduced inflammation. No additional benadryl taken.

Attachments

• 20201013_184856[1].jpg
    20201013_184856[1].jpg
    941.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20201013_205541[1].jpg
    20201013_205541[1].jpg
    968 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Blog entry information

Author
gbells
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from gbells