• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Recalling the Beginning of my ME Decline

This is going to sound bizarre but bear with me, at the beginning of my ME decline I had one of the strangest dreams. All night I dreamt that small demons were torturing me stabbing me with hot pokers all over my ribs and I had a fitful sleep while I was forced to lay there motionless while they attacked. That led to the same costochondritis you describe which later manifested as inflammation of the periosteum and I lost the ability to have good, regenerative sleep. This later spread to all over my body including the head (my hat size increased with painful head inflammation) and feet (it was painful to walk). At that time I treated it with ibuprofen and curcumin then vicodin as the pain intensity worsened. This was followed by cold skin and a body temperature reduction, cold intolerance, Raynaud's disease and chronic headaches. This was the result of HHV6, EBV, enterovirus and chickenpox. I think the dream was how my subconscious interpreted the rib inflammation. A few years later I was able to convince infectious disease to let me use doxycycline for six weeks to treat a positive Rocky Mountain Spotted fever blood test (pos for unspecified RMSF three times) for a pathogen that couldn't be determined (it didn't match anything we knew on PCR but I had an exposure to a ferile cat that caused a weird purple skin bump on my leg after a bite from one of its fleas). That eliminated the headaches but left the head periostitis so I suspected a coinfection with an unidentified bacterium and I developed an immune problem where I kept getting reinfection of past successful root canals which led to the extraction of six premolars. My nagalase that was 3x normal (indicating viral infections) so I treated with Goelic GcMAF for six months which stabilized the teeth (no more infections and extractions) but triggered systemic lupus erythematosis. Then I developed swollen toes and fingers along with the costochrondritis. So I think the costochondritis and other swelling was due to inflammation of the periosteum, fascia and tendons from chronically infected tissue by the viruses.
Reactions: lenora and Wolfcub

Comments

I think when there is upset and imbalance in the body, the subconscious knows, and it affects sleep patterns, waking mood, and mood during sleep too!
Often over the past 2 and a half years I have felt dragged off into dreams that were not the usual kinds of dreams I had before, though not exactly nightmares.
I often woke up thinking "where the heck have I been"?

I think when there is upset and imbalance in the body, the subconscious knows, and it affects sleep patterns, waking mood, and mood during sleep too!
Often over the past 2 and a half years I have felt dragged off into dreams that were not the usual kinds of dreams I had before, though not exactly nightmares.
I often woke up thinking "where the heck have I been"?

I used to have odd dreams, but haven't for years....of course thinking about it, I guess that I don't dream very much anyway. Oh, to slumber like a teenager again....if you have the chance, sounds just about perfect to me at the moment. Since I'm such a firm believer in the mind/body connection, I agree....the subconscious does get through somehow. Yours, Lenora

Blog entry information

Author
gbells
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from gbells