• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

WTF????? Big energy boost from stopping xenoestrogens from microwaved plastic

Yesterday I read about how it was unsafe to cook Rubbermaid plastic containers in the microwave and resolved to try elimininating all plastic from the microwave (and letting food cool before putting in plastic containers) because it leaches xenoestrogens in the food. I wanted to see if this would help me lose weight. 24 hours later I had a big unexpected boost in my energy (10%).

https://womeninbalance.org/2012/10/26/xenoestrogens-what-are-they-how-to-avoid-them/
Reactions: pibee

Comments

I just saw on the amzn page that they're "oven safe"... I've never used them in the oven, but I would read the fine print on what the max oven temp is for these.. fyi

I doubt that the tiny amount of chemicals that might have leached from the plastic would have been enough to make a major difference within 24 hrs. Had you never gone 24 hrs without eating food microwaved in those containers, without noticing the energy boost? You could do a double-blind experiment to see if this is a real effect or just a coincidence, with the boost due to some other factor.

I doubt that the tiny amount of chemicals that might have leached from the plastic would have been enough to make a major difference within 24 hrs. Had you never gone 24 hrs without eating food microwaved in those containers, without noticing the energy boost? You could do a double-blind experiment to see if this is a real effect or just a coincidence, with the boost due to some other factor.

This is the first time. Honestly, I don't want to go back given that Precision Nutrition says don't do it. I really feel better off it. Part of the effect could be from letting food cool before putting it in the containers. Other people report they feel better off of it too.

those chemicals are like toxins for immune cells(TLR receptors) -> pro inflammatory reactions

Blog entry information

Author
gbells
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from gbells