• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Drained

The room is small and dingy, with a table, TV and some chairs. The walls are white, but you can tell it has been a while since they were painted. I sit for a moment staring through the window into nothingness, the rain lightly falls, but it doesn’t register, my brain is switched off. Suddenly I notice the light has faded and it now seems dark, the afternoon has gone by with sporadic moments of productivity. The last two days were a write off because my energy has been low, so today I changed where I studied, in a social study room, but I haven’t manage to get much done.

My ability to focus just isn’t there at the moment. I can pinpoint exactly when my energy dipped, it was at the end of last term, as I said goodbye to one of my friends, who left to go back to Germany. I miss both my Erasmus friends’ lots. They were a core part of my friendship group which feels lost now, I still see my other friends occasionally, but not as regularly as last term. I just feel sad at the moment.

Logically it is quite simple, I need to meet more people to find a person who can become a good friend, with their positive impact having the potential to transform my health, which I know from past experience. So next week I am going to make a real effort to try new societies, give it my all, and hope things go my way.

The Harry Potter books were a treasured childhood experience, they were just such a joy to read, I felt like I could easily identify with trials and tribulations of Harry. So when I came to university the prospect of joining the Quidditch society should have been enticing, instead I thought it looked stupid, but now I see potential in meeting people who I have something in common with, while taking part in a sport that isn’t too physical. There is always hope…

Comments

Haha,...yep! But last week it was beautiful, and supposed to be the same next week...but cold....brrrr...10 below at night last week in my garden.

I always seem to get a bit of a "blip" (not a 100% crash necessarily, just a "funny turn" day) just before the weather changes into something else.

Haha,...yep! But last week it was beautiful, and supposed to be the same next week...but cold....brrrr...10 below at night last week in my garden.

I always seem to get a bit of a "blip" (not a 100% crash necessarily, just a "funny turn" day) just before the weather changes into something else.
Me, too. The weather here today is fine and sunny but my mood is not because something (and I blame the weather because I'm in Britain, too!) has sparked off my nerve pain.

Sorry you have that nerve pain today. I hope it will pass soon. I also feel more exhausted today and my back aches and is dragging me down. I don't think dampness helps anything even though it is warmer.

Blog entry information

Author
carvahlo
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from carvahlo