• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Worlds Most Famous Cat.- Dirt the Cat at the Nevada Northern Locomotive Shops

The Worlds Most Famous Cat.- Dirt the Cat at the Nevada Northern Locomotive Shops
Nov 17, 2019

Toy Man Television

Dirt the Cat was born in the roundhouse of the Nevada Northern Railroad in Ely Nevada. Over the last ten years, he has become an online celebrity. Dirt lives among the steam and diesel locomotives of this amazing railroad museum. He is absolutely filthy. He long ago learned to not attempt to clean himself by licking his fur. The dirt in the shop is a mix of soot and coal dust as well as rust and metal filings. And good old dirt. Nothing any animal would want to put in their mouth.

Fro Dirt's web page: https://nnry.com/pages/dirt.php

In 2008 Dirt was born here, in the main locomotive repair shop, under one of our historic steam locomotives. He was a shy little kitty who looked for nooks and crannies in the shop to hide in. The shop staff became attached to the little guy. Both the shop staff and the locomotive crews always liked to have him hang around the shop with them as they went about their tasks. With a can of Tuna here and there, and some attention every so often he fit right into the rest of the routine in the shop. Nowadays, Dirt is almost always front-and-center to great our museum guests and tours. He also loves to greet the locomotives as they return to the shop after a day of work out on the line. He is unflustered by the routine noises in the shop as the machinery operates. The shop has been his home and all that he really knows. He just loves the attention of his fans and now has fans all over the world! Dirt got his name because loves to roll in the Dirt in the back rooms of the engine house. He got his title, King of the Shop, because he carries out his role as official greeter and mascot in such a regal way. As you will see when you visit, he clearly sees himself as being the center of activity in the shop.

See also: still here; https://www.railpictures.net/photo/649499/

Comments

What an intriguing cat!
I like the idea....a cat who is a reincarnated engineer! :rofl:
Dirt the cat -much power to him.
(I once had a cat whom I believed may have been a reincarnated electrician!) :D

What an intriguing cat!
I like the idea....a cat who is a reincarnated engineer! :rofl:
Dirt the cat -much power to him.
(I once had a cat whom I believed may have been a reincarnated electrician!) :D
That beats my black cat who thought he was a milkman!

Blog entry information

Author
southwestforests
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from southwestforests