• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gagging!

Today I continued the exercise release regimen. I did it at the lower and upper throat area and a strange thing happened, it triggered gagging. Early on in my CFS I had dysphagia with difficulty swallowing. So I know this is an affected area. While weird and a little uncomfortable I see this as a sign that I am targeting an important area. My singing voice has been getting stronger which I am very excited about.

Comments

Well, that exercise is obviously on-point in some way. Triggering a release?
You may not be into this as it's slightly "woo-woo" but there are purported to be energy centres in the body, from anus to crown of the head, named "chakras" or energy-vortices.
The throat chakra is connected with "the voice" however that may be interpreted (not only the physical voice but the self-expression of an individual, and their creative force.)
Chakras can be under or over-active, and can be blocked by past emotional traumas, conditionings etc.
I don't know all about this stuff. It's not my field of study really -I only have a smattering of knowledge about it.
It is interesting anyway, however we can relate to it or feel about it.

How nice to hear you are a singer!:)

I'm not a good singer, it was just something I enjoyed pre-CFS. I don't buy the chakra thing. The releases are maintaining the progress and I'm getting much stronger in the areas I'm treating. This improvement is much more than I could ever do pre-treatment. Best.

I had about 2-3 months of severe gagging. Are you out of this pattern now? I had several class 4 laser treatments to help the nervous system and muscles to let go and find a better swallow/tongue resting patterns.

Blog entry information

Author
gbells
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from gbells