• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Getting Better

The exercise massage reigmen is working. I can notice that my leg weakness getting out of a chair has decreased about 50%. I discovered that fascia is very imporant to release, not just muscles. My mood is elevating by a huge amount. This is very encouraging.

Comments

I'm self treating. Cross-friction massage against muscle and fascial taughtness. Move body parts to resistance then hold or grind out. Using a theracaine to hit posterior areas.

The next day was really interesting. I had to step down the pre-exercise morning treatment because I am losing endurance due to overtraining. However, it is really neat to feel the hands feet and other areas tingle when I do the regimen. The apoptosis cycle is that the areas hurt locally, then turn into a burning pain as the cells die, then go tingly and hypersensitive as the nerves regenerate in the areas. I'm high dosing vitamin B12 to help with the nerve regeneration. The process takes alot of energy, both in fatigue and nutrients fats etc. I had to pause at 12pm due to daily circadean high cortisol but resumed in the afternoon. What was amazing was that the areas where I did the releases stayed released and didn't need a lot of exercise/release. I could just do some light exercise (6 reps), hit the apoptosis stimulating supplements and they went into pain/tingle mode. The pain is intense and I am predosing with a high dose of naproxen sodium (660 mg) and light dose of benadryl to counter the cytokines and histamine released from the apoptosis.

One thing that has bothered me since having ME in 2008 has been cold skin. I even developed Raynaud's disease over my entire hands. Now my skin is warming up a lot and even feels like it has sunburn in the referred skin areas over the sites where apoptosis is happening. My Raynaud's disease popped up this morning in the cold however it was only red in the distal phalanges (fingertips). Still much stronger in the morning getting out of my car and I only needed a 10 minute nape recover energy this morning to make a doctor's appointment. Making huge progress.

Had a consult with my PCP internist today to troubleshoot some hypertension due to taking nicotine as an apoptosis stimulator. I take a lot of nicotine during the treatment. The equivalent of 2 packs of cigs per day via vape. I made sure to take no nicotine 4 hours before the appointment to see what the baseline blood pressure is doing. The doc said that the hypertension is borderline (140/70 vs my reg 120/70) and he doesn't want to treat with drugs at this point. I was getting 140/90 with my home BP arm tester. The nicotine is essential as a powerful stimulator, without it I couldn't overcome the morning resistance to apoptosis from high cortisol. I told my doc that it was more important to improve the ME than worry about nicotine addiction. That I can deal with if it happens. ME is life or death for me. I don't want to stay disabled forever.

Last edited:
"Had a consult with my PCP internist today to troubleshoot some hypertension due to taking nicotine as an apoptosis stimulator. I take a lot of nicotine during the treatment. The equivalent of 2 packs of cigs per day via vape "

that all sounds hugely unhealthy. I hope you are aware of the vape related deaths which are happening.

Blog entry information

Author
gbells
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from gbells