• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Creating a New ME Treatment Through Self-Experimentation

I became sick with ME in 2008. I was recovering from mononucleosis then made the mistake of kissing a girlfriend who had active HHV6. Symptoms started as a cold then progressed to muscle twitching followed by cold skin, gagging, overactive bladder syndrome. Next I was bitten by a flea from an outdoors cat and developed daily headaches. Head and foot sensitivity developed then came the noise and light sensitivity followed by anxiety and depression.

As a biology knowledgeable person I looked at my illness and figured it was viral infection. Physicians didn't have any answers despite a few books like Dr. Teitelbaum's gimmicky CFS book that prescribed ribose. I tried the Marshall Protocol but was kicked off the secret patient forum for being too critical of his gimmicky nutritional recommendations. Next I tried an integrative MD who did a generic and useless program using Ultra Clear semi-fasting, Nutramedix Herbs and some antibiotics.

Early on I figured that since the body naturally uses apoptosis to clear itself of viruses that would be a good area to research. Curcumin and earthing were very helpful and allowed me to greatly enhance my sleep quality while reducing noise and light sensitivity. I then tried Ashwaghanda which helped increases the symptoms of apoptosis, nerve pain then tingling and healing but stopped it when I learned that it caused thyroid damage from long term use. Although my symptoms has improved, I was still suffering from severe fatigue and disabled.

Over the last few days I changed the protocol, adding special exercise techniques along with fascial release and massage. The new techniques greatly increased my depth of sleep and accelerated the improvement. Today I had more energy than I've had in 10 years. Still, the fatigue is cyclical, but with higher energy levels at the top so I'm optomistic. I think there will be a cure for these herpes viruses. After all, we cured polio, though it took decades.
About author
gbells
[GALLERY=media, 855][/GALLERY]

Comments

I adore your bear avatar ! Is that you feeding that gorgeous white bear cheese? :D

Blog entry information

Author
gbells
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from gbells