• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Unexplored sensations

Listing sensations here that I haven't told doctors about yet, or that have been dismissed. Will add to it as I go.

1. Rasping sound in head and feeling of friction in my throat when turn head sideways. Not always there. Feels like there is a piece of pipe in my throat.
  2. Cramp in lowest part of big bowel when drink too much black tea. Probably tannins, because happens with decaf black tea as well, not with tea low in tannins. Doesn't happen with wine, though, IIRC from when I could drink much wine. Goes away with LDN, but is only effect of LDN, so I don't take it any longer. It seems to be less now, NDT and B12 injections being the only difference.
  3. Tension on vertex that feels like a crown, like the area within that crown is contracting. Happens always when too much mental exertion.
  4. Shakiness without increased HR feeling like too much caffeine or extreme hunger. Happens now and then. Possibly reactive hypoglycemia, have to look into it.
  5. Inability to read or think without pronouncing the words in my head. I lost this ability as a child, maybe 10 yo. I also make the same word mix ups (like mord wix ups) in my head. Feels like inability to concentrate.
  6. HR spikes when moving my limbs. Not POTS. I just found 16 or so others who have this and none of them have an explanation for it either. Only dismissal by doctors so far.
Reactions: Wolfcub

Comments

My knees pop when I bend down too. That was pre-ME too, so it's just how my joints are. It's annoying when I bend down to pet an animal and my knee noises scare it away. :rolleyes:

:p I never had that - yet. People comment on how "unhealthy" my knees sound, but a physio dismissed it.

My knees used to make noises even pre ME, try drinking more water.

"shakiness without increased HR feeling like too much caffeine or extreme hunger. Possibly reactive hypoglycemia, have to look into it. "

Also look into if excessive noradrenaline could be causing this. I get that too and my 24hr urine test results showed very excessive levels though my heart was not noticably to me racing.

Thanks for the suggestions. I already drink a lot of water due to dysautonomia. :fish: I had really expected my heart to race and was surprised to see it didn't when I started monitoring HR.

I get that weird shakiness too @TweetyAccount, exactly as you describe. Some days I don't get it at all ! But when it happens it feels as if my heart-rate is speeding, but when I check it, it's no more than 84 beats a minute, often less.

Mine is during a "crash" period, and the only thing I have been able to relate it to, is a feeling of the deepest core exhaustion. Not 'tiredness', but that form of utter exhaustion where the body is pushed to its maximum limits.

My lower back gives me a lot of trouble, unrelated to how hydrated I am

Wolfcub, have you looked into reactive hypoglycemia? I haven't yet. Mine aren't related to crashes, I think. It seems to happen out of the blue.

Updated entry with more of a symptom than sensation. Probably nerve pain.

Updated entry by removing the neck and knee sounds. They seem harmless and normal, I have asked 2 PTs now to confirm.

Also added the last one.

Updated by removing the skin pain on feet and legs. This can be from hypothyroidism and SSRI withdrawal, ME or FM. Could be SFPN.

I don't see an edit button anymore, but nr 16 turned out to be POTS after all. It is just suppressed by sertraline.

Blog entry information

Author
Remi
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs