• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Probably not cfs , or just very mild.

It's been 8.5 -9.5 months since I first had issues. I've been holding steady the past 4-5 months. I'd say my main concerns were:

1: HR issues / still on beta blocker - minimal amount / 17.5mg metropolol ( 270 pound guy) but can't quite get off of metropolol as I'd not feel well / HR would spike.
2: Muscles run out of energy quicker than should be - one flight of stairs is hard, more than one more so!
3: Cold legs / dead legs ..... sometimes arms....

I drink more now ( not so good!), use less sleeping pills ( benadryl mostly). Also separated from wife now, - 1 month ago - which had minimal impact ( symptom wise, doing horribly though)

Recently had two shave biposy on face for growths, no results yet, and with my anxiety and worry on possibly skin cancer, my energy levels / recovery levels seemed to jump a level? Steps are much easier - energy recovery seems much better - not perfect - but better. 1 story of steps is much easier. Riding bike to work is much better ( pedal assist ebike, but still work). I really hope I stay at this level ( or better) as it feels like I am 80-90% where I used to be. Not quite ready to run full court baskeball...but as close as I've been in past 9 months...

I guess in the end whatever I was going through is not CFS, - or just very mild. I've never really had any sort of PEM. When moving after separation I think I did 40K+ steps in 2 days and walked 60+ flights of steps, felt it muscle wise, but no where else. And I've improved since then. I've never had any brain fog or related issues, some mental oddities, but never in relation to physical or mental activities.

We'll see where I end up - but thanks for all feedback. I wish everyone the best, I'm sure I will still be here reading stuff.

Reactions: Wolfcub

Comments

It's good to hear you are feeling much better :thumbsup: And all the best to you for that trend to continue!

Hi, what people often do not realise that even mild ME/CFS is very bad compared with other illness. I can not imagine even a mild ME/CFS case doing 60 flights of stairs. Emild cases often are severely limiting their normal daily activities to get by in life day by day. Alcohol is usually toxic to those who have ME so even if they were drinkers before, they tend to curb it and usually stop.

You are right that that does not sound like ME. Don't underestimate how much going through something like a marriage breakup can knock someone around for a time.

Last edited:
Hi, what people often do not realise that even mild ME/CFS is very bad compared with other illness. I can not imagine even a mild ME/CFS case doing 60 flights of stairs. Emild cases often are severely limiting their normal daily activities to get by in life day by day. Alcohol is usually toxic to those who have ME so even if they were drinkers before, they tend to curb it and usually stop.

You are right that that does not sound like ME. Don't underestimate how much going through something like a marriage breakup can knock someone around for a time.

Thanks for comments. I did have a 3-4 month period where alcohol consumption stopped. I'm a drinker and this is first time I straight up stopped for that long. Drinking made me feel horrible. I also remember physical activity being much harder. I remember one time my body being totally drained mowing a tiny part of the yard. Over time both of these have improved.

Wife and I separated 4 weeks ago ( became more permanent today). I had my biggest jump in doing well during this time - really seemed to coincide with my skin cancer biospy worry that started 10 days ago ( pre-cancerous so nothing to worry anymore). Doesn't make any sense, but I'll take it.

I also suspect I could go off the beta blocker now, but am scared.

Blog entry information

Author
markii
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from markii