• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

R3 / Day 19

Hi Everyone,

Things have improved some, but I can still induce PEM / PENE if I’m not careful. This past Saturday, I exerted myself a bit too much and spent most of Sunday in bed and work in Monday had significant cognitive issues. Energy-wise, I think will be returning tomorrow. Seems my theory was correct -> I have energy, but no stamina. Yet?

Despite doing some chores on Saturday, I’m still being a bit pokey with getting stuff done around the house. Maybe a bit gun-shy after the resulting crash this weekend? Maybe just need to get my feet back under me...

I’ve noticed these past few days that when I’m using the energy, more than before but less than allowed, I’m becoming irritable and cranky. Much like I used to be when I was working my high-stress job in the ED. I wonder if the crankiness is an indicator that I’m pushing too hard? It could be one that I don’t recognize as I haven’t isolated it before. Something to think on.

I’ve lost 2 pounds over the last Friday to Friday period. Was surprised by that, but pleasantly at least. Would be nice to get down in weight to reduce the amount of energy it takes move. 🤦‍♂️

——————————
Weight: 254.2#
Scale: 2-4/5, depending on day and time.
Lab work: Couple more weeks to go.
Reactions: Wolfcub

Comments

One of Dr. Montoya’s key messages to ME/CFS patients is this: If you have one good day, don’t try to make up for lost time by overexerting yourself.
“Don’t burn out your engine,” says Montoya, "because the resulting crash can reset the recovery process by months." (Months!!! :eek:)

BUT...it's so difficult not to, huh.

I wish I could do at least 30 things everyday for the rest of my life but alas...:pem::xpem:

Oh, I couldn't find the thread but someone else recently asked the same question about whether irritability was a warning sign of overdoing it and I think the general consensus was that it is. I agree.

I'm happy to hear about your progress though. :)

Oh, I couldn't find the thread but someone else recently asked the same question about whether irritability was a warning sign of overdoing it and I think the general consensus was that it is. I agree.

I'm happy to hear about your progress though. :)
Hi Judee!

Just woke up after writing this post at bedtime and thought “I wonder if the irritability is due to a change in how I sleep?” My time asleep each night is starting to lengthen again and the usual 5-6 hours doesn’t seem to cut it anymore (only being able to sleep such a short time is one of my indicators on severity).

I’m going to try and remember to keep track of the sleep time better to see if there’s a correlation while my need for increased sleep (returning to normal) and my irritation. 🤔🙃

Blog entry information

Author
ArgyrosfeniX
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from ArgyrosfeniX

• R3 / Day 35
    Hello Everyone, It's been an interesting time the past few weeks...
  • R3 / Day 12
    Hi Everyone, This weekend was rather interesting. Got a handful of...
  • R3 / Day 9
    Hi All, Things are improving already. My wife told me 2 nights ago...
  • R3 / Day 6
    😁 Things seem to be improving some. Yesterday and today had a few...
  • R3 / Day 4
    Hi Everyone, Day 3 ended with a very sudden onset of fatigue and need...