• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Similarities of chronic fatigue to AIDS

Noreen Martin;63640 said:
Yes, this is very true that there are HIV- cases of AIDS. This is one of the arguments that the AIDS rethinker use against HIV being the true cause of AIDS. When the CDC couldn't explain this little problem, they gave it a new name. A friend of mine have been HIV+ for over 23 years and is not sick and dying. This one particular, flaw in the system, violates Koch's Postulates, the golden rules of medicine. You may not realize, that there are really very few true AIDS patients in America, for instance. And with these, half are classified with AIDS due to low CD4's being under 200. In reality, there are millions with chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, and other immune diseases. Yet AIDS gets all the funding! AIDS has become a politicial disease, as it is unAmerica to speak out against it. But myself and others do. I had full-blown AIDS, so I do have some credibility about this.

Also, this joke is humorous but true, how do you hide millions of new AIDS cases, you just call it chronic fatigue! If you check the AIDS symptoms and the chronic fatigue symtoms, they are diffently in the same family, something rethinker have connected the dots long ago. These sites and others are so important so to get more attention drawn to other deserving immune diseases. If you go to the Fair Foundation, become a member, you will see exactly how much of your tax dollar goes to each disease. By far, way too much money is going to AIDS research, when only 15,000 new cases are being diagnosed each year, with only half of these people even being sick out of 300 million. Enough of this nonsense which needs to stop!

Comments

I've actually brought this up on a different forum awhile back. It should be talked about. First of all, to ignore the fact that CFIDS/ME/Fibro rose concurrently with the HIV epidemic is just a river of denial. I've asked many times if we are just HIV Negative AIDS cases. Or if we were able to somehow kill the AIDS virus, but it left us with permanent immune dysfunction. I've met many CFIDS/ME patients who present as HIV Negative AIDS, they catch every sickness, their immune systems are nearly gone. And yet, they are HIV Negative.

I have personally gone through years where I've caught everything and it seemed my immune system was totally down.

An interesting question someone once brought up was, where are the cases of Gay CFIDS/ME? Why are there not alot of CFIDS/ME patients in the Gay community? What happened there? You either have HIV or there's nothing?

What happened to HIV Negative AIDS? We heard about it for awhile, and then.........Press Blackout, nothing. And everyone with CFIDS was suddenly finding that the name was being downgraded to just CFS, removing the very critical Immune Dysfunction from the name.

This is a subject that shouldn't be ignored and really needs real answers.

Yes, you are right. I think that the CDC, etc. doesn't want to open this can of worms. I bet that if chronic fatigue patients and others had their CD4's tested that they would be lower than the healthy population. One interesting thought, HIV- persons at one point had viral load testing done and many were coming up with high viral loads. This inconsistency didn't look good for the hometeam, so now it is not recommended that HIV- persons be given this particular test. When things don't add up, the government finds a way to cover it up!

CFIDS/ME was called Low Natural Killer Cell Syndrome in Japan for years. Something is definitely going on with it.

I'm sorry, I don't get the logic. Please set me straight.

M.E. is AIDS that was in a body that defeated the "AIDS virus" which was not HIV to begin with, must have been a different virus because there is no HIV present to cause the AIDS, but because it resembles AIDS in severe cases, it must therefore be AIDS?

Just not quite seeing where to end the recursive loop?
Thanks
Lisette

Noreen,

You are behind with the news here. ME was called "poor mans AIDS" in New Zealand during the Tapanui Flu out break there.

In the USA Dr Cheney reported his patients who had low CD4 cells to the CDC. Many people with ME and CFS were classified as "non-HIV" AIDS.

Many of us are still alive.

The similarity between AIDS and ME was widely spoken about and reported by patients and their doctors during this time. It's not a closely guarded secret.

Why not read Osler's Web (the book) and take a look at the history before posting again? Then you will know what is old news and what happened.

There's no point reinventing the wheel and rehashing as if it was new.

I lived through all of this and remember it very well

Yes, but you live in New Zealand and most of our doctors have not caught up with you folks! Dr. Chenny is certainly ahead of most, but unfortunately, he only sees 1 patient a day when he is not doing research and he is very expensive, so I couldn't see him. But his and Dr. Titlebaum's (if that's spelled right) work is very important. We don't even call it ME, as most of you do. Most of our doctors, at least the one's I've seen, only run the standard complete blood count and prescribe pain medication to mask the symptoms.

Noreen Martin;bt1615 said:
Yes, but you live in New Zealand and most of our doctors have not caught up with you folks! Dr. Chenny is certainly ahead of most, but unfortunately, he only sees 1 patient a day when he is not doing research and he is very expensive, so I couldn't see him. But his and Dr. Titlebaum's (if that's spelled right) work is very important. We don't even call it ME, as most of you do. Most of our doctors, at least the one's I've seen, only run the standard complete blood count and prescribe pain medication to mask the symptoms.

I'm having trouble making sense of your response. You completely ignored the comments above pointing out that CFIDS is not AIDS.

Many diseases have overlapping symptoms; considering that CFIDS appears to center on the immune system as does AIDS one would expect there to be some common symptoms between them.

Quite different things commonly have similarities. Water, gasoline and ethyl alcohol are all clear liquids, feel wet and make your skin feel cold as they evaporate. That does not mean they are the same substance.

Apparently you folks have hashed this out before here. I have my beliefs along with everyone else. I am speaking for myself, I do see a correlation and I certainly had chronic fatigue decades before AIDS. I do believe that having a lifetime of immune issues certainly made it that much easier to progress to AIDS. Statistically, I should not have AIDS but with most things in life, there are always exceptions to the rules.

Blog entry information

Author
Noreen Martin
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from Noreen Martin