• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

5 months doing better?

Ways I am doing better:
  1. Body aches less overall. I have some really good days where I don't notice much. Contrast that to where it felt driving to work was hard because my leg would ache from keeping it on the accelerator.
  2. HR better overall. I try to take 1/4 ( 12.5 mg) metropolol a day, which doesn't seem like much. Right now I am sitting at computer with HR in 50s, walking only jumped me up to into the 70/80s just now.
  3. Standing still / walking much easier. At work we have these 10-15 minute meetings while standing. They would be really painful, I'd have to sway / fidget quite a bit as it was hard. I can do much better at standing still now Walking is easier as well.
  4. I am, riding my ( pedal assist electric) bike to work again. It is about 9 miles round trip, so close, but today my HR reading for the trip was similar to pre-illness. I am sure I am not exerting as much energy as I used to, but still a good sign.
  5. I'm not sleeping that much better. I still tend to wake up after 6 hours of sleep or so and really can have a hard time going back to sleep. I am probably falling asleep better though ( melatonin / Benadryl).
  6. Drinking beer again with much less impact. Not a good thing I know! But much less impact..
  7. It feels like my body has energy sometimes?
  8. Many days I'd feel worse as the day goes on, seems like that happens a lot less now.
I think a turning point was one morning when I woke up with a bit more energy - went to work - felt hot and was sweating / uncomfortable enough I went outside to work on a 50 degree day - and was still sweating for a bit. Didn't last more than an hour but I think since then I've been doing better overall? Might not be related, but I felt quite a bit better the rest of the day and in particular that weekend. ( went downhill a bit since then - but overall better).

I did try to go on a low carb diet early this week my HR seemed to jump a ton and felt a fair amount worse, so stopped that quick.

When I was feeling the worse, I started to take supplements regularly. I've stopped them all, and after stopping them I think that strange headache has lessened / gone away. Either d-ribose or cq10. Only taking the beta blocker and fiber now.

The only other thing is I have a lot of lipomas on my body - and found a much bigger bump than usual on my thigh. My Dr said it was still a lipoma - I'm not convinced! So my worry had shifted to that, which might help.

I've never had a diagnosis or anything - and have never had anything really severe. We'll see. I'm hoping a long work vacation coming up over the holidays will help even more.

Comments

Strangely enough I woke up this morning with a sore throat / swollen uvula. Haven't been sick in a while My daughter was sick with what seemed like a cold. Bit worried the last few days I have been feeling better because I am starting to get sick ( I've read about that). Anwya

Feeling better is always good. I really hope you come out of this and completely recover. If you're worried about that lipoma, can you get it fine needle aspirated? It most likely IS a lipoma if you have others but it would be nice to put your mind at rest.
My doggy used to have a few of those :D They never did her any harm

It is a fair bit bigger than the others - I do have further options if I want to take them, but usually time ( and not growing any more) is all it takes to put my mind at ease. It's already been about 4 weeks since I noticed so I am worrying less and less.

Low heart rates can be related to hypothyroid. I know mine gets low if I start to forget to take my medication. Have you had that checked?

I've had some basic blood work including something for thyroid, I think everything I have had done has come back normal. I think overall fighting higher heart rate

Blog entry information

Author
markii
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from markii