• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

3 1/2 months in.

Still progressing through Dr appointments. Some more tests from primary Dr being done, but a referral to Rheumatologist is likely coming. I am here at PR because a few key symptoms : exercise intolerance ( plus simple things seem hard, steps), regular muscle aches from minimal activity, hr all over the place ( beta blocker helps), sleep issues, alcohol intolerance, and the fact I remember the exactly second this started.

I miss physical activity greatly. Video games have helped Work is going relatively well. I function pretty well overall as long as I get my sleep. Work is flexible and I am able to work at home.

I wonder if I am getting worse, I can't really tell. If it is slow, it would be hard to notice. Right now, after a nice weekend and a hot shower, I feel pretty decent now.

What changes have I made so far? Not much, except quitting alcohol ( mostly) and avoiding exercise. What changes will I make? I read a lot and think about things that will help, but nothing definite yet.

Why post a blog, not sure! It seems like a nice feature so why not! We'll see if it I keep it up, but figure it can be a nice easy to follow account of what happens.

Comments

I wish you well @markii
It's a good idea to post a blog to keep an account of what happens, what you do, and how things go. Good luck :)

It can be helpful to keep a journal for a couple of weeks to have a record of various symptoms and what they rate out of 10.. so you can look back on it in a few months and know if you are stable or getting worst or improvement. Sometimes changes can be slow and missed.

Blog entry information

Author
markii
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from markii