• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Graduating from the Forum

Hey guys, I'm leaving the forum. First because I spend too much time here, I don't have a facebook account or real life friends so it was always y'all and just y'all.

Second because I'm feeling great, I'm about to head out for a run, my first run training to get back into shape. Couch to 5K. I have no fear of PEM.

So in short, yeah it was a metabolic issue which I will probably have to carefully manage for the rest of my life.

No idea what caused it. But once I started looking into how badly our world is polluted I was shocked and horrified by what I found out. Toxins concentrate at the top of the food chain. I think we're the canary in the coal mine friends. It's going to get a lot worse unless we clean up our world.

I used Dr. Furhman's books on Diabetes and 'Eat to Live' and they have worked wonders even though sometimes I eat more fruit than veggies - I need to learn to like more veggies I guess.

My best explanation is it's like diabetes of fat -- instead of blood sugar all the time it's really attacking or affecting rather that fat / protein in the blood. Albeit again, there are a lot of paths to get to chronic fatigue, this is just mine.

But anyway...yeah careful diet is working for me but it's always going to be a management issue and something of a struggle.

Good luck everyone - love you guys - be good to yourselves and the environment **PEACE**

Comments

Great news! Congratulations and best wishes sticking with clean eating. Back to running, WOW!

Blog entry information

Author
Runner5
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from Runner5