• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Update Algorithms for modifying gut bacteria are live

Both the other Labs Analysis and Ubiome recommendations have had the revised algorithm applied.

The Values are not how strong it works, but the probability that it will have impact (works)
A higher number means more and more studies have found that it has modified the bacteria.

Ubiome Example
The default recommendations look at:

• High counts > 150%
  • Items with moderate impacts
  • No antibiotics or prescription drugs
  • Aggregated items
r1.png

If there are too many items, you may wish to change it to High Impact

r2.png

If you are concerned about UNDER GROWTH..

r3.png

Note that there can be some agreements between the High and Low. For example: avoid coconut products and saccharomyces are on both lists.

If you are interested in an item like 'beta-glucan foods', just click on it to see the break down.

r4.png

Bottom Line
This revision should produce better recommendations and be easier to understand. It also provides a tool for those who are concerned about under growths. It also allows people to explore different approaches.

This is an education post to facilitate discussing this approach with your medical professionals. It is not medical advice for the treatment of any medical condition. Always consult with your medical professional before doing any changes of diet, supplements or activity. Some items cites may interfere with prescription medicines.
Reactions: jason30

Comments

This is an incredible tool, thank you for making it Ken. I have uploaded 3 biome results and acquired interesting insights into how I can maybe manipulate my gut bacteria.

Interestingly, it advises me to not use a Low-carb High- fat diet, yet this is the way of eating that I feel best on...

Recommendations are best guesses from published literature. I usually suggest trying a selection of items -- doing everything is NOT required. These are possible changes to consider.

Blog entry information

Author
Lassesen
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Lassesen