• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Enriched list of items to increase or decrease specific bacteria shifts

A reader wrote:

"Hi Ken, what is your take on reducing, I can only find 3 things that may reduce Proteobacterium, L. taurine, and walnuts from your site and Chris's pubmed study above which shows L. Reuteri works.

It seems to me this would be a great direction.

I'm thinking of adding L. Reuteri and L. Taurine.

thoughts?"

When you want to change something, my old blog posts are not complete. The best source of information is the http://ubiomecfsweb.azurewebsites.net/ site.

Go to http://ubiomecfsweb.azurewebsites.net/Library/Tree and scroll down until you find Proteobacterium. You will notice there are layers of children below it.

proteo4.png

Clicking it will take you the current information in the database as show below.
prot2.png

This weekend, I added an enhancement. You see the 0 1 2 3 4 links above. These will take the known information about this bacteria item AND 0-4 children layers and roll up all of the information into one set of recommendations.

• If it reduces the population of one group of a population, it likely reduces the entire population.
For example, with 4 the number of items are greatly increased.

prot3.png

This gives you bigger lists (but also more chance of an item appearing on both lists).

Bottom Line
The new site, with the AI and database behind it, produces a much richer list of action items. I am planning to include this in the AI engine for recommendations at some time in the future -- but for the moment, you can manually look at a concern and it's children.

Comments

Hi @Lassesen, I have tried to follow your blog on bacteria, I'm afraid that my brain just doesn't soak it in. I'm totally confused.

I was wondering if you could answer a question for me though. I have severe IBS-C. Unfortunately the DR I see is anti ME/CFS. He's treating me with Linzess to try to move me but it's now been months.
It's bad.

Have you ever heard of "Nutrilite", enzymes?
Should I be taking them if you've heard of them? Any probiotics bad for us? Nutrilite is supposed to be one of the best, but is it for ME people? Maybe you can help me. I am very limited in Dr ME treatment like most of us.

Thanks, Pen2

Hi Pen2, "The Nutrilite Brand Story from Amway" causes me to have doubts.

For IBS-C, studies and personal stories from people that I am in touch with, suggests there two probiotics:
* Prescript-Assist
* General Biotics Equilibrium

To that, I would add Triphala (you can order on amazon -- it's an Ayurvedic mixture. (see https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22022157)

Blog entry information

Author
Lassesen
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Lassesen