• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Home, Sweet Home.

I'm sitting here sipping hot Egyptian Licorice tea watching the morning rays topple through the window. I can't remember the last time I felt this relaxed, this....settled. I leave for work in half an hour, but I've already got dressed, brushed teeth, fixed and ate a baked potato, not to mention pumped up my tire that went flat last night.

My partner and I have moved into the RV. I finally have a home where I can walk around, cook, wash dishes, and stretch out on a full sized bet. I'm typing this from an actual table. There's heat when it's cold and air conditioning when it's hot, all controlled by a thermostat so I don't have to think about it.

My body feels so peaceful. This sensation has been direly missing the past....decade or so? At least? Did I ever have it at all?

I have no doubt that in this environment, my body's healing can progress even further.

When I go to work, I am immersed in a place intentionally designed to promote healing. Conversations with my boss include things like how we both feel addressing trauma is essential to the body's ability to heal itself, and the importance of emotional well being and physical "safe havens" where it's okay to let your guard down and process through things.

Today will be my last work day this week. I work 3 days/week in my part-time job, plus an irregular cleaning gig, irregular pet/housesitting gig, online chatting job, and passive income through hosting test phones.

My body is holding up well to the job so far. A foot injury has resurfaced, and I also have generalized foot pain from being on my feet all day barefoot on hard flooring. I ordered a few products that should help with that. I'm also still not getting quite enough sleep, and my fibro pain, which resurfaced with the job, is still threatening from the fringes. I've noticed that when I'm tense or anxious on the job, I tend to wake up from fibro pain at around 4-5am the next morning. Its improvement has directly correlated with me becoming more comfortable and familiar with it.

Also, we don't have hot showers yet, there was just a few more parts we need to get. The RV park we're at includes water in the rent, so once we get all set up I can have all the long, hot showers I want! I think that will help a lot too.

And full meals. Oh my gosh, my body can do so much more when it has enough food!

It has been such a long road. After 3 years living on the streets in: a two door 1970 car, a 1986 chevy cargo van, a 2006 Ford Escape SUV, and a 2004 Toyota Sienna minivan, I finally have a place to call home where there's enough space and amenities for me to feel comfy and happy.

And I'm sharing the space with the most wonderful person ever. :)

Comments

I just saw this, and it makes me so happy! You guys were going through hell and you deserve this comfy home space so much!

Blog entry information

Author
Dainty
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from Dainty