• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I just had a bath!

Today I was able to get to the bathroom and have a bath for the first time in two and a half years. I have not had a bath (or shower) since December 2014. Instead I have had to be washed by a carer whilst lying down in bed. I am pleased to report that I am now cleaner than I have been for a long time.

It was nice, but I feel really wobbly now. My arms are leaden and my heart was pumping hard all the way through it. It was also a bit weird being submerged in water.

Not your average achievement for a 26 year old, but an achievement nonetheless!

Comments

@Jesse2233 No I failed that miserably. I don't know what this is unfortunately. I have been drinking a lot of kefir the past few months so maybe it is related to the gut microbiome, but I don't know.

OOOOOOOOOOOhhh I'm jealous. I haven't seen a bathtub in ages. Just have a shower stall and chair... Would love a good soak and scrub. Have you tried a soak with Epsom salts to soak in some minerals like magnesium? Some folks just soak their feet in warm water with Epsom salts...

Blog entry information

Author
Cheesus
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Cheesus