• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bacteria in ME/CFS patients

Hello all, I have had an infection with
Enterococcas, (not sure if that's spelled right) someone said that this is common for ME patients. Did I read this right? I have been on antibiotic I'm almost done but I don't feel any better.

I wonder since my Doc is checking to see if it's cleared a week from now.
I want to tell this to him.
If it's not gone, it so worries me cause it's such a nasty bacteria!

I would love some feedback. Maybe share with my doctor.
Pen2

Comments

Is entero. Bacteria common with ME/CFS patients? I don't feel better after taking the antibiotic. I'm also getting over a cold. I'm new to PR so I'm learning alot.

Pen2, I would put your question re: these bacterias on the main board/forum b/c more people will see it and respond than here in the blog section. I don't actually know the answers myself.

I also have this and have been treating it for years. We cannot control the infection sometimes because we have inflammation.

seems like a (large numbered) probiotic will help here., something like VSL #3... or Donna Gates' new one called Just Thrive, I believe.

Blog entry information

Author
Pen2
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Pen2