• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

diagnostic test.......its real its here .....but will take years to get it to market.....

Comments

wow, it would be great if that was in the main forum area. I'd never heard of this foundation before and its amazing they have donated 6.5 million towards good research for us.

"“The Stafford Fox Medical Research Foundation was established in 2013 following the death of Moyna Fox, and named in honour of her late husband James Stafford, a former BP Australia chief executive,” Paul Brotchie, Foundation Trustee, said.

Stafford and Moyna Fox started one of Australia’s wealthiest medical research foundations after many years of careful planning, resulting in a fund worth more than $100 million. It was only publicly revealed in Moyna’s will when she died in 2013."

from looking online it appears they may of put more money into ME/CFS then anything else (they'vealso funded for stroke induced dementia research and for testing anti cancer drugs in rare cancers).

It's fabulous news, and also quite telling that this private foundation is donating almost as much money as the U.S. NIH does for one year - really a sad commentary on the lack of U.S. funding and commitment to help people with ME/CFS.

It is good news. I guess a problem is that the diagnostic tests being developed all have the problem of needing expensive pieces of kit.

Blog entry information

Author
FredaF
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...