• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Colloidal Silver - Can it make you " Blue" ?

What is Colloidal Silver ? Before the invention of the refrigerator it was common practice to drop a silver coin into the container of milk as a preservative because silver was known to prevent the growth of algae, bacteria and other organisms

There are basically three types of
products marketed as "colloidal silver".

*Ionic silver solutions - are products whose silver content primarily consist of silver ions, it's not true colloidal silver. It simply won't produce the same benefits that true colloidal silver can.

*Silver protein - in order to keep large silver particles suspended, silver protein based products add gelatin. Silver protein is less effective for human use, and you won't experience the true colloidal silver benefits.

*True colloidal silver - doesn't contain any protein or other additives as the vast majority of the silver consists of nanometer sized silver particles.

Colloidal Silver Benefits :

1. Antibacterial - Not only is colloidal silver super effective at eliminating bacterial infections, but it also is equally effective at resistant strains of bacteria and does not cause any further mutations - which is great news for its long -term use as an antibiotic treatment.

2. Wound care/Skin health - Colloidal silver preparations can be used for topical use to treat burns, thrush, periodontitis, and even skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema .

3. Pink eye/Ear infections - Colloidal silver can be used for prompt action against the highly infectious pink eye condition whether it is caused by a virus or a bacteria. It also helps heal ear infections even if it is caused by a fungus.

4. Antiviral - Colloidal silver benefits can be experienced as an anti-viral for HIV/AIDS, pneumonia, herpes, shingles, and warts.

5. Anti-inflammatory - Colloidal silver is a natural anti-inflammatory that works fast to reduce swelling, repair inflammation in the skin or in the body.

6. Sinusitis - Colloidal silver can benefit people as a nasal spray that kills staph aureus and Pseudomonas Aeruginosa infections that could directly cause sinusitis and allergies .

7. Cold/Flu - Speed recovery to the common cold and flu bug with colloidal silver's immune boosting benefits.

8. Pneumonia - Whether ingested or used in a breathing treatment, colloidal silver succeeds when antibiotics just don't cut it. It even holds up against viral strains of pneumonia.

Side Effects :

Although the National Center for Complimentary and Integrative Health reports that colloidal silver may cause poor absorption of some drugs,, there is limited research proving that side effects to colloidal silver use even exist.

Nonetheless, you may come across many warnings about it causing an irreversible condition called argyria (when people turn blue). However, this is caused by misuse, not of true colloidal silver , but through other cheaper products marketed as colloidal silver, such as Ionic silver or silver protein .

Read more:
http:/draxe.com/colloidal-silver-bebefits

Comments

I use sovereign silver (silver hydrosol) for so many things.............I love it.

Blog entry information

Author
seunderwood
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from seunderwood