• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do You Have Pseudomonas Aeruginosa ?

My dog,Toby, does. It's eating away at his liver. It was found when the vet did a biopsy this week. He's being treated with Zenequin & Prednisone.
Why does this matter to you??? Because it is " everywhere", and can eat away at humans too !!

P. Aeruginosa is found in soil, water, skin flora and most man-made environments throughout the world . It is a Gram-negative (no outer membrane) , rod shaped bacterium that can cause disease in plants and animals, including humans . A species of considerable medical importance, P. Aeruginosa is a prototypical " multidrug resistant (MDR) pathogen ". Microbes resistant to multiple antimicrobials are called " super bugs"

P. Aeruginosa is associated with serious illnesses- especially nosocomial (hospital acquired) infections such as ventilator -associated pneumonia and various sepsis syndromes . This organism is considered opportunistic insofar as serious infection is often superimposed upon acute or chronic mobility - most notably cystic fibrosis and traumatic burns- or found in immunocompromised individuals, but, the organism does produce a range of clinically important infections in the immunocompetent and/or in situations where no pre-existing vulnerability is required, e.g., hot tub folliculitis. It uses a wide range of organic materials for food; in animals, it's versatility enables the organism to invade damaged tissues on those with reduced immunity .

The symptoms of such infections are generalized inflammation and sepsis .
If such colonizations occur in critical body organs, such as the lungs, the urinary tract and kidneys , the results can be fatal. Because it thrives on moist surfaces, this bacterium is found on and in medical equipment, including catheters, causing cross-infections in hospitals and clinics.

In all infections produced by P. Aeruginosa, treatment is dually complicated by the organisms resistance profile, which may lead to treatment failure or expose the patient to untoward averse effects from advanced antimicrobial resistance.

Toby had a violent reaction to his first rabies shot... he became agitated, spun in circles and pawed , vomited, his muzzle turned red , then he passed out . I thought he was dead ! By the time I got him back to the vet , he appeared to be ok .
Toby was pre-treated for his next rabies shot, but his health declined afterwards.
Eventually he was hospitalized for poor liver enzymes & dehydration. The liver biopsy found damage & the P. Aeruginosa infection.

So, be aware of this deadly infection for yourself & your pets.

Read more:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Pseudomonas_aeruginosa

Ask a Medical Professional

Possible treatment:
Curcumin Research - read here

http://m.greenmedinfo.com/
article/curcumin -attenvates-
virulence-pseudomonas-aeruginosa

Colloidal Silver

http://draxe.com/colloidal-silver-benefits

Prayers for Toby would be greatly appreciated , thank you !
Reactions: Cheesus

Comments

Hi Sue - due to severe bacterial translocation I have a number of nasty bugs in my blood stream - one of them is Pseudomonas Aeruginosa. I will be having IV antibitoics for Lyme some time in the next few months and was hoping they would control some of the nasty blood bugs - I am IGM or IGA positive for a number now. This is thought to be due to leaky gut caused by Lyme - I really hope Toby gets better.

@ Justy - Thank you for your response. I have been following your treatments on the forum. I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time. I will pray for you along with Toby.
After 30 days of treatment with Zenequin, Toby still has inflammation in his liver. It would take another liver biopsy to know if the P. Aeruginosa is still alive.
The vet wants to treat him with Cyclosporine (a mycotoxin) which will destroy his immune system, along with the P. Aeruginosa, hopefully. Because of the long term side effects, I had to say "NO". I can't do that to my sweet puppy !!
Instead, I am trying a holistic treatment . I found a bio-available curcumin, milk thistle, & Phosphatidylserine for dogs ( to reduce inflammation) , along with this , I'm giving him organic coconut water . It has antioxidants, eletrolytes, And can kill some parasites & bacteria. Wishing us both luck with treatment !!

Just a thought.... cyclosporine comes from a fungi, it is a mycotoxin. This fungi is found by farmers in cattle feed . But , what if it is also in grains used by people, it would destroy immune systems & could be wide spread ?

@Justy, I found something that might interest you , a possible cure for P. Aeruginosa.... Curcumin !!
Read this research
http://m.greenmedinfo.com/
article/curcumin -attenvates-
virulence-pseudomonas-aeruginosa
Started my dog on it 2 days ago, hope it really works !!

Hi Sue thanks for the research Link - unfortunately I had a bad allergic reaction to curcumin (I have MCAS which complicates all my treatments) I hope Toby does well on it!

Hi everyone, just wanted to update the treatment that worked for my dog,Toby, to cure his P. Aeruginosa. I started treating him with a combo for dogs of curcumin, milk thistle, & phosphatidylserine for 30 days (the bile acid test was still not good ), then I added colloidal silver... within 30 days ... his bile acid test read "normal" for liver function .
Lab research has shown curcumin to weaken the bio-film of this bacteria , then the anti-biotic action of the colloidal silver must have killed the bacteria . Think some prayers helped also !!

Hello sue I have pa from a public hot tub last April. What were the dosages of silver rustle curcummin you were using by weight. I have been meaning g to take the silver have had it for more than a year after Lyme diagnosis. Thanks

@stetson28 The silver I use is - Sovereign Silver - the recommended dosage for adults is 1 teaspoon daily.
The Curcumin I use is Jarrow Curcumin 95 - 500mg daily - taken at night, it also helps with sleep.
Note: For my dog I used Hepagen-Fc with curcumin made for pets.
Good luck to you !!

Blog entry information

Author
seunderwood
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from seunderwood