• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Boost the Energy in your Cells with PQQ

What is PQQ ? Pyrroloquinoline quinone, is a " Cofactor " , which means that it helps enzymes accomplish their jobs . There are a class of these cofactor molecules that transfer electrons, which is important for our mitochondria to produce energy.

Your cellular energy comes from mitochondria, which are the power houses of the cell. Mitochondria are tiny organelles working to produce cellular ATP, adenosine triphosphate, the energy currency of your cells.

Upgrading the energy in your cells through PQQ supplements is one of the most effective ways to improve your performance across all realms of life .

Mitochondria density is greatest in the areas of your body requiring the most energy, like your brain. These structures are constantly changing. Mitochondrial dynamics include fission and fusion, as well as destruction (mitophagy) and renewal, known as mitochondrial biogenesis .

You can make your existing mitochondria work better and you can even literally grow more "power plants " in your cells. If you find a way to improve your mitochondria function, you'll make energy more efficiently. One of the most exciting new ways of increasing mitochondria function is the compound PQQ.

The benefits of PQQ are :

* Increase mitochondria density to give you more energy

* Reduce inflammation

* Boost metabolism

* Combat oxidative stress

* Improve fertility

* Improve learning and memory

One study showed that deprivation of PQQ in rats and mice led to a decrease in mitochondrial density , which means a deficiency in PQQ may be responsible for low energy levels.

Read more here :
http://selfhacked.com/2014/09/11/pqq-review/

Read more here :
https://examine.com/supplements/
pyrroloquinoline-quinone
Reactions: PatJ

Comments

I bought some but afraid to try it. Genetics say stay away from quinines, quinones, fluoros, and I had a reaction to fluoroquinolone antibiotic 2 years ago. I think that's one of my problems getting well. It sounds great, but maybe not for everyone?

Blog entry information

Author
seunderwood
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from seunderwood