• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Crossing the line

i bet like me you've been to many doctors, seen many consultants, had numerous tests and are still being passed between disciplines because "I'm sorry, that's not my field of expertise".

I don't understand why, if they are all qualified doctors, I can't find one willing to cross the line and look at me as a whole person instead of a brain, stomach, heart......

Have you found one willing "to cross the line"?

Comments

KDM and a local GP. KDM in part because he specifically attempts to address the issues of ME patients, and in part because he started off in cardiac but had to learn a lot about digestive and neuro to keep up. The GP is something of a local maverick, will talk about anything, and I mean anything, in the room. He's cheerfully prescribed antibiotics, B-12 shots, and whatever else. But when I say 'local', I have to drive 45 minutes to see him. Keep looking and don't give up hope!

Blog entry information

Author
Alexi
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs